Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

just got a burgman 400 06 and I’ve been looking around the internet about them. I get a studder at takeoff and I’ve heard I need tp Deglaze the clutch pads, I figured if I was taking the cvt apart I should probably put in these dr pulley sliders ppl are raving about. My question is, what size fit my bike? And also I’ve heard some folks are grinding something off in order to use sliders as opposed to rollers?

any information would be great!!!

just as an aside, I intend to change brake fluid, drive oil, engine oil, any other things I should consider? Bike has 21k miles on it currently

·
Registered
754 Posts
26x13

The edge of the ramp plate of the variator, make sure it's not sharp. It can dig into the flat on the slider and flip them, get stuck, or chew on the flat.
see this post and this post

there are other places to purchase them. I bought from scooterpartco for my 07.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
26x13

The edge of the ramp plate of the variator, make sure it's not sharp. It can dig into the flat on the slider and flip them, get stuck, or chew on the flat.
see this post and this post

there are other places to purchase them. I bought from scooterpartco for my 07.
dude I love you and this forum, as an aside can I use my impact to take of the bell and fan without that fancy tool?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Good info above, I would recommend 18 or 19 gm weight.

You can use an impact to remove the nut but it's best to torque it down, for which you need a tool. If you absolutely aren't going that route, put a mark on the nut and shaft before disassembly and then put back to the mark with the impact.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good info above, I would recommend 18 or 19 gm weight.

You can use an impact to remove the nut but it's best to torque it down, for which you need a tool. If you absolutely aren't going that route, put a mark on the nut and shaft before disassembly and then put back to the mark with the impact.
I think I’ll build something with some 2x4 so I can use the torque wrench. Can’t be too difficult. Does anyone have a link to a video on the slider install?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Do a google search for burgman 400 slider install. Mitch has done a few.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts