Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking to replace a key and have found a number that is stamped directly on the top of the ignition lock cylinder after taking off the ignition/dash cover and accessing the area where you add coolant.

An example of the code is: JK48J Could this be the key code required to make a new replacement key?

I avoided making one previously because I read on here that they have an immobilizer chip but have recently read that they do not. I just need to access the trunk to get the other key.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
people here get suspicious when new members mention keys/ignition wires. as you are new so people dont know you yet, and are hesitent to give the information. it may be someone stole a scooter, then comes here asking how to get a key for the scooter, or info about the starter wires (my bike was stolen post and I got her back). dont be offended. its nothing personal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was told the key code is not stamped anywhere on the bike. After checking the gas cap, the lock would have to be pulled out or at least the cap partially disassembled to see if there is a code behind that lock, which I'm not willing to do.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This seems to be a constant source of agony anytime somebody needs an additional key made. It could be solved if the Dealer selling a new motorcycle would record the "key number" in the Owner's Manual when the bikes are sold. It would only take a few extra minutes, and it would be there along with other important numbers specific to the bike.
Granted, most folks would never find the numbers since they're loathe to open the owner's manual, but it would be there for the fortunate few who go to the trouble.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts