Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BUT HE HAD TO WEAR THE REQUIRED GEAR AND CLOTHES.
Now that I nabbed your curiousity, this post has been up for a week and read by 87 and responded by 2. I thought perhaps a catchy headline might detract readers from other flamethrowing topics.
Disclaimer: No, I'm not a nudist, it's just journalism.
If this post can inspire only a few scooter members to enroll and complete the course and possibly prevent an accident or embarrassing moment then I've succeeded.
It's been eleven months getting into this class and when the spring schedules hit the web I was on it like white on snow.
I can't express how much I learned and the hours of hands on practice of the tips, tricks, and techniques which were taught.
The instructors were experienced, dedicated, and had unlimited patience with all in the class of 12. They were entertaining as well. I hope everyone gets or takes the opportunity to take the course. I put 125 Hondas and 250 Yamahas through tight turns and figure 8's in a box that I didn't think my Burgman could ever do.
My hat's off to these dedicated instructors who give up their prime riding time to accomidate working people's schedules and conduct weekend classes.
When we introduced ourselves at the start of class I told them that I was one of those "scooter kids" so there was some questions as the weekend went on about: Can two ride? You're in your 50's and ride a scooter? Yeah, mild humiliation until the film about on-ramps to espressways when the instructor asked: "Can your scooter get up to interstate speeds?" The class was briefly silent after the answer: "Rapidly, with two on board, going uphill, with saddlebags of luggage and a strong headwind." The instructors were impressed that it was a Burgman 400. It changed the initial impression that I gave the class on that first session with the term "scooter kid."

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Allen , Nice to see credit given , they do deserve it.
You sound like the type who will get more out of it then you put in.
And that's when you learn and it's also fun. :)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it so much. I liked the class I took. Once I get another scoot I will take the advanced course about 6 months after riding again. Need to get hubby to take it too however I might as well be pulling his teeth. :?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now to bump it back to the top.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Alan wrote:
I put 125 Hondas and 250 Yamahas through tight turns and figure 8's in a box that I didn't think my Burgman could ever do.
That a LOT of bikes! In my class we only got one each! ;)
(how's that for a bump? :))

1 - 5 of 5 Posts