Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little ground work first , all the Secretary of State offices here in S.E. Michigan are always packed to the max and an hour plus wait is common . A few weeks ago I picked up a Kendon folding motorcycle trailer from a guy who was moving to Arizona . The next day I headed for the Secretary Of State’s office to get the transfer and a plate for it . First time ever the place was dead and I mean DEAD ! I figured must be some thing going on like kids off of school or whatever ? Then today I had to go transfer a title on a scooter I bought last week , GUESS WHAT ? The place was DEAD DEAD DEAD ! I was in and out in 5 minutes , pretty much like last time with the trailer .

I know not many bikes are being sold , but now cars too ? WAZZ UP WID DAT ? TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
WOW! that is a lot of cars. Such a shame and so stupid.

Here in Roswell a lot of airplanes come to die. Most of them die very violent deaths as they are stripped for parts and then ripped apart for scrap. I know several guys who work for the companies who do this. They also store some aircraft for possible future use. There is also a plane repainting company here.

Roswell has a very interesting aviation history. The base was built for bomber training during WW2. It became the base for all B29 training and thus for the first atomic bombers. It continued in the roll of atomic bombers and for a time was the only place nuclear weapons existed. Of coarse in 1947 the UFO thing happened. The base has the largest tarmac in the continual USA and is why it is used for aircraft storage. It was big to begin with but was expanded in the 50s and 60s for the huge bombers that were stationed here. In 1967 it was closed because of politics and it nearly killed the city BTW.

·
Registered
198 Posts
This has been brought out and proved incorrect before, check out this link that explains what is really going on. I don't know how to make the link live so unfortunately you will have to type it in manually to read it. I agree that there are problems and things will probably go sideways pretty soon but these car pictures are not what some people claim they are.

http://jalopnik.com/that-zero-hedge-article-on-unsold-cars-is-bullshit-1578124255

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well it ain't that way in Texas, the whole place is busy. I won't get into all the reasons why it's that way here, but I'm sure most of you watch the news.

John

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it ain't that way in Texas, the whole place is busy. I won't get into all the reasons why it's that way here, but I'm sure most of you watch the news.

John
It’s definitely a mixed bag , areas who are involved in the U.S. energy renaissance seam to be doing well or even booming . Here in S.E. Michigan people are still losing jobs , and obviously used vehicle sales . According to the housing numbers things in the west and south are doing better than the mid west , so it’s not a stretch to imagine vehicle sales would follow suit .

TheReaper!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts