Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Costs about $450, and it's listed as an accessory on Suzuki's Japanese website.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I don't know how good a seat the 650 has, if it were a 400 I would get a Russel w/ heat for a few hundred more :)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Twinrider

Thanks thats an interesting one.

Now find the componet parts! :D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Jim, I suppose a link to that web site wouldn't do me much good as my Japanese is a bit rusty, like nonexistant. Is that seat leather? Do you have to ship them the seat pan?

·
Registered
33 Posts
You may find the information you are looking for in the Aftermarket and Accessories Forum, Overseas Goodies thread.
There are links to the Suzuki Japan website courtesy of Stargazer complete with English translation.
HTH
Brian

·
Registered
63 Posts
I copied my post from a previous thread:

An extremely nice gadget indeed which I installed at first just to show off a little (wow-effect with friends) but then learned to love (my wife even more). I wouldn't want to miss it and would redo the entire job (about 5 hours) on the next bike first thing after purchase!

I put two independently switchable self-sticking carbon heating mats (from an automotive supplier) between the vinyl-cover and the seat-foam. The two weatherproof switches went into the plastic-cover (next to the lockable glove-box, see photo-gallery) for the rider and under the Top-Case carrier for the passenger. Both switches operate two relais, the power comes directly from the battery, current draw for both heaters is around 5-6 amps (depends on how much the carbon mats are shortened).
Approx. cost: 66 Euros for the heaters, a few $s for the 2 relais, the 2 switches, crimp connectors, cables, cable-ties, mineral water, etc and as mentionned about 5 hours time.

Works great, keeps my wife longer in the saddle when it gets cold Cool and............show-time

Just to show a cheap alternative

1 - 8 of 8 Posts