Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The road stories I have read on this website are all terrific so what I have to say is nothing out of the ordinary.

I have a 1996 Dodge Dakota PU that I drive every day to work and errands, etc. I have had my Burgman for about 3 months now and finally have enough miles on it for it's first checkup.

I have found that driving the Burgman is such an exhilarating experience, it almost borders an addiction. I took it out the other day for a casual drive. The weather was gorgeous. No leather jacket, just jeans, a sport shirt and of course my full face helmet. Feeling the wind against me and feeling the driving freedom that can only be found on a motorcycle is an awesome experience. I find I want to ride my Burgman all the time. In fact I make excuses to ride it.

Am I crazy or is this just normal for Burgman owners? :D :D :D

ZH

·
Registered
969 Posts
Normal? Hardly.

You're crazy.

:D

Steve

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Zaikas Hubby said:
...I have found that driving the Burgman is such an exhilarating experience, it almost borders an addiction. ...I find I want to ride my Burgman all the time. In fact I make excuses to ride it. ...Am I crazy or is this just normal for Burgman owners?
I bought my Burgman last June. For any who don't know, summers in Western Washington are fantastic; all the stories about rainy Seattle are true, but only 9 months of the year.

So in three months I put almost 7,000 miles on my Burgman 650. The ride home from work that normally takes 15 minutes would often take me several hours. On my time off, rather than watching TV or reading, I'd suddenly have an uncontrollable urge to go for a ride. Surprisingly, despite having lived for 32 years in the same neighborhood, I found little streets and country roads that I never knew existed.

Once my break-in period was over, my horizons expanded.

I took off one weekend and rode over to Eastern Washington to visit a friend who lives in Spokane -- 300 miles each way.

I joined a bunch of Shriners on Harleys for a fundraiser -- The Teddy Bear Run -- for the Shriner's Hospital (again to Spokane and back).

Finally I got a wild hair up my...exhaust pipe...and rode from Canada to Mexico and back over 10 days of vacation.

Fortunately autumn intervened or I might have exceeded the warranty on my new bike. I've gone fewer than 500 miles in the last three months, because I don't like to ride in the cold and wet.

Of course, now the sunny days are starting to increase in frequency, and summer is just around the corner. 8)

I'm going to ride to Mexico again. I can't help myself. I'm crazy! :twisted:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
He isn't crazy darnit, I am! :D

No - it is addictive. Especially when the weather is nice.

I used to look at my nice crown vic with, well, a sence of - now thats a nice vic..... i think i wanna cruise around with my 500 watt 12 inch subwoofer on and freak ppl out, and lay some rubber with those new michelins - if need be....

now i look at it as if it were a **** lawn ornament. a liability. the only thing i like about it now is that it has cold air, a kickin stereo, the ability to lay 15 feet of peg leg rubber, and the fact that it is in v/good condition.

pooyie. so what. its just another cage.

ill take Moonpie anytime!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hmm.... crazy...... my wife and I went 120 miles today to get coffee. The starbucks in Walla Walla has better decor than the one on the corner. We stopped off and did a little wine tasting as well, but the point was coffee and a chai. Nice day, good road, so why not? I think you're crazy if you own a Burgman and you DON'T look for excuses to get on it.
:rr:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts