Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not so much a question of how to fix, but I was wondering if I am alone in the steering bearing issue. When I bought the bike 1 year ago the bearings were notched and eventually it got to where I had to fix it at about 14,000 miles. 35,000 miles today and here I am again now with a pretty decent notch in the straight ahead position. It's once again getting to the point that low speed maneuvers are challenging. Is this just a caveat of this machine and I have to except this expense every 20k or so? Is there some better bearing available - last time they used an Allballs kit instead of OEM in hopes it would be better but I guess its not.

It's a pretty pricey repair and I'll basically have to pay for it once a year at this failure rate.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess I must be the only one then.....

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
There's a discussion on that and it was updated recently. By adding this i prob am contributing to what other folks here are trying to refrain from -- duplicating threads.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Am I searching for steering bearings incorrectly then? I couldn't find anything - but I will look again this morning as I don't want to create any duplicates either.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jim - This is just what I was looking for :)

Now I got some reading to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts