Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning before going out to ride a went to check the oil, I had the 600 mile service last week and this was the first chance I have had. I put the bike on it's center stand . I could not turn the filler/dip stick cap so I got a small pair of pliers to help. The cap was tight all the way but it came off, and out comes engine oil all over the floor, at least a pint of oil .. This is the kind of service I paid for ! some dip shi* who must have filled the oil while the bike was on the kick stand, then cross threads the cap and uses a force to close it up. .I went back to the dealer and they will get me a new cap .No explanation nothing ..how can a service manager hire a mechanic that dumb !!!!! Turns out the service manager thinks the twin cylinder Burgman 400's engine is under the dash, (yea right -twin cylinder 400)..And they think I will come back for brakes, new tires, or any service, I mite trust them to wash it (maybe).. I only hope I don't need any warranty work...I lot of "things" can happen and a lot of "things" can go wrong, I except that and I am prepared to look the other way .But this, the only way was to add the oil while the bike was on the kick stand fill it to brim and close it up.
:evil:

·
Registered
133 Posts
That sucks...

I'll never let those guys touch my Burgman... I don't care if it takes me all day, or two days to do a service; it'll be done right.

This isn't rocket science man...

·
Registered
73 Posts
dipstick...

That does not surprise me about the service.....I would imagine that
probably the least capable/experienced/knowledgeable service person
is assigned the scooter service.....

Also, I think Suzuki could have supplied a better dipstick than what we
got, it cross threads very easily. Shorly after I got my 400, I went to a
M/C salvage yard and found an old, old Honda (50cc I think) that had a
metal dipstick with the same threads and cut it to the proper length,
polished it up, and installed it on my 400. Its accurate, works great,
and will not cross-thread. Just an idea for you....

Gib McKain

·
Registered
394 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me at what dealers can get away with.

My own experience with my previous main ride, a Honda Reflex, was similar. Brought it in for the 600 mile service and not only did they actually tune it so it ran worse than when I brought it in, they scratched the paint in several places when removing the plastic. :angry4:

My Burgie has only been serviced by me! When I do bring it in for the major stuff, it will be to a mechanic who I've investigaged as being top notch, not the dealer. May cost me more, but it will be worth it.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
GEEEEZ! These horror stories just confirm that buying the manual and doing it yourself is the way to go. I'm even thinking that the more serious maintenance like valve shimming, will be done by myself. The valve check and adjustment will be saved and done to coincide with winter storage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts