Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, last one - from me anyway! My '05 Burgie 400 has the oil dipstick right next to the exhaust pipe and tucked back a bit - it is an adventure when trying to check it while warm. The issue I have is adding oil. I use regular motor oil, so there is no valve stem on the bottle and I can't seem to find a funnel that sits properly. Has anyone invented a clever way to add oil? Also, is overfilling a worry?

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Also check out your local auto parts stores, Walmart, and places that have automotive departments. There are a lot of little valve gadgets that you can attach to a standard quart sized oil container.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I use a standard funnel with a little plastic hose that fits the filler hole.
Over filling just wastes oil and in some cases the extra oil will get "churned " in to a froth and will do more harm then good.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I do the same thing as Randy -- have a short clear plastic tube that fits over the end of the funnel and small enough to fit into the oil filler hole. The tubing is about 1/4 in diameter and probably 8 inches long. Keep it a plastic bag between oil changes.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Avoid over-filling. I've used the screw-on filler that you pull out to open, small funnel and even makeshift disposable paper funnel cone taped together for the one filling then tossed. I fill mine on level ground with side-stand down and check level same way. If on center-stand the accuracy is not the same from what I've noticed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts