Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I wound up here while looking for info on different scooters including burgmans.

I've had a 50cc and a 125cc but I'm again looking for a scooter, but I'm a fata$$ at 360lb,
I am interested in something bigger. I dont' even know what I want as I have no experience
with the bigger scooters but I did try a Honda Reflex 250 the other day and didn't like it at all.

Got a guy that has a 2005 Majesty 400 in good condition with around 15k miles for $2500.

I have seen a 2008 Burgman 650 Executive with 8k miles for $5k in ex condition and a
2003 650 Burgman, 50k miles for $2500 with lots of extras but I have no idea what's priced well and
would need some buying advice.

I understand that being a burg forum, you're going to be biased but I expect that.

One thing I'm curious about is whether 50k is too much? The dude was old so I doubt he flogged
it but again, I have no experience.

Also, I can possibly trade the executive for my very pimped 2007 Suzuki DRZ400s.
HOWEVER, I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of money on a scooter. I think I would enjoy
the hell outta it 'cause I like scooters and right now, I really don't go places because driving my Ford Excursion,
I get around 10 mpg and just driving a couple of towns over to get something to eat will cost me ten bucks just in gas.

Thanks guys

George

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hello from Maine. I too have had several bikes/scooters. The site may seem bias but thats because it's the best! From what your riding now a Burgman would be a great step up. There are many many people here that can give wonderful advise but you need to try out the scoots for your self to see what your comfortable with. A 400 riding solo would take you anywhere you would want to go and the 650 would do it a bit quicker. Also keep in mind that the support you get from the folks on this site is worth a lot. From what I have seen ,your welcome reguardless of what you buy. Ernie

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome from a Charlotte are rider :thumbup:

I have owned a Burgman 400 and several Burgman 650's and either will do the job just fine. A few Points you might want to think of.

1. The 400 will do local and distance riding (Lighter, better gas mileage) 06 and earlier is 385cc wile 07 and up is the full 400cc) Keep in mind there was a problem with the clutches on the 07 400's (I had one) so I would recommend the 08 or newer. The drive belts have to be replaced every 14k miles.

2. The 650 will do everything you need and MORE. (Heavier, less gas mileage) If you are riding long distance or 2 up this would be the better choice. The 650's have had issues with the pulley stopper bolt (Easy Replaced) You can go to the 650 forum and read up about this.

Either way the Burgman is a great choice.

Just my thoughts, hope this helps.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys and sorry for the late reply but apparently I don't get notified of replies, other than pm's...?

I'm getting ready to put up a thread in the general forum about buying advice between the burg 400, 650, majesty 400 and silverwing 600 so please feel free to chime in. All advice is welcome.

Is anyone near me good at wrenching or that likes doing it?
I would be looking for someone to work on my scoot if needed
rather than paying the dealers an arm and a leg.
Also, I would/could pay or trade stuff or services :)

THanks again

GEorge

1 - 5 of 5 Posts