Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ups came early, but it was not my scooter parts :(
Had to go into town with the truck, gas gage was near empty 43.00 dollars to fill it up!!! :cry:
You know how long I can ride on my 400 before I spent 43 dollars on gas . yea, you know.
Get back and there is a UPS tag, another delivery, no one home will try again Mon. :roll:
Like I said, NOT a fun day :!:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Randy, can you call them to see if someone will be there on Saturday and you can go by the shipping center and pick it up. I know FedEx has let me do that before. I would have said go tonight but I think they close at 6:30. Never know though...call....

·
Registered
848 Posts
I never let Fed Ex or UPS deliver to me. I always have a 'hold for pick up' put on it. I get a phone call and go to the depot as soon as I can, it's worked every time. Some times it's not very convenient to run around and pick things up but it sure beats knowing you missed them.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I know you live below I-10, :) but how far down south are you in Texas, South Padre Island? :)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Parts...

Well, UPS delivered my rear rim and other misc. parts today...along with a right handlebar when I was expecting the complete handlebar...think it might be from a GSX-R or some other sport bike. Ordered the right part...they sent the wrong one. :x

Looks like I'm going to miss the best riding weather at this rate. We're coming up on the rainy season.

Oh well, I've waited two years for this I can wait a few more weeks.

Randy - Hope you get your parts on Monday. If you live in a safe neighborhood or have a porch you can sign a release so they will always leave your packages even if someone isn't home. That is what I did or I have it shipped to work.

Much less hassle.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lifegetter wrote
I know you live below I-10, but how far down south are you in Texas, South Padre Island?
I am 50 Miles south of Laredo Texas . UPS office is in Laredo_Or 95 miles north of the nearest dealer (McAllen)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Randy said:
I am 50 Miles south of Laredo Texas . UPS office is in Laredo_Or 95 miles north of the nearest dealer (McAllen)
Tough area to get service. However, compared to the Suzuki dealerships in Houston, I am not sure if you missed much. :cry:

Every Suzuki dealership within 50 miles of Houston all wanted more for their parts. Forgot the details, but I think it was $3 more for oil fileter and $5 more for the rain deflector. Replacing tires: $90 on bike and $60 off bike...I had the tire mounted by Honda for $30 off bike at the end. I bought my rain deflector from AZmotor, and now I get my oil filters from Pepboys and WalMart.

When I was shopping for my Burgman, one salesperson had no idea what I was talking about, another could not tell me if it was a 2003 or 2004 model, and he even confused a 400 for 650... :roll:

So...cheers! :wink:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
When I'm expecting UPS, I leave a sign on the door:
"Please leave package from (XYZ company) for (me) on the front porch.

signature"
Works every time, even for packages requiring a signature. They take the sign if that's the case. My porch is well shielded, not viewable from the street or sidewalk. I had to resort to this even if my wife will be home. She won't open the door for ANYONE, a lesson left from many years as a single woman living alone in crime-ridden cities.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well this is a small town, and Ii always get a UPS tracking # no matter what I order so i know when the trucks got something for me,
I just ride down "main street" an get my stuff hours before he would deliver, all of a sudden no shipping notice ! :?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts