Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
801 Posts
This looks to be an interesting project. Funny how it was, back when those and so many other scooters and bikes were newish back in the sixties, none of us kept them. We used them up and found another. It looks pretty much complete. I don't think I ever recall seeing an Agusta scooter before. Keep us posted on how it works out for you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It will be a long slow project, but I hope it's interesting. While I'm waiting for the piston to clean up, I started on the carb. It' a Dellorto, and it's different than any other carb that I've worked on. The interesting thing is that the float bowl mounts to the main housing in a way that it can be rotated so that the carb can be used as a down draft, up draft or side draft unit. Neat.

......Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
believe its a Lambretta. Rode one back in the mid sixty's..
Was a 125. Ran strong, had a 3 or 4 speed hand shift. was common back then on small scooters and two stroke Ducati's.

Worked at a motorcycle/lawn mower shop, sold Ducati's, Bridgestone, Kawasaki (Omega), Triumph, Norton, Sachs and Zundapp.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
believe its a Lambretta. Rode one back in the mid sixty's..
Was a 125. Ran strong, had a 3 or 4 speed hand shift. was common back then on small scooters and two stroke Ducati's.

Worked at a motorcycle/lawn mower shop, sold Ducati's, Bridgestone, Kawasaki (Omega), Triumph, Norton, Sachs and Zundapp.
No, it's a MV Agusta, see the picture in post number 9. But it has many characteristics that are similar to the Lambrettas of that time.

.......Paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
The first thing I ever owned as a teenager decades ago (no license required) was a Vespa/Lambretta clone that was sold by SEARS & ROEBUCK... I could buy maintenance and repair parts off the shelf at Sears!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So I got the piston and rings freed up and the carb cleaned and the the engine starts and runs. I couldn't take it for a ride since the tires wouldn't hold air so I decided to take the drivetrain out and start cleaning it up.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts