Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey out there, I have only seen one other Burgman riding. I pulled up next to him at a light an inquired what year was his Burgman I had a girlfriend riding on the back and before I could say Rumpelstiltskin the light turned green and we parted ways and haven't seen another Burgy since. In fact it seems like there are only a handful of scooters, most of which are the 150cc moped sized. There are plenty of crotch rockets and Harley riders but on my 2018 Burgman 400 I feel like a unicorn. And people stare at me like one.

I think San Diego has got to be one of the best places in the world to own a scooter. The combination of the best weather in the continental United States coupled with legalized lane splitting through heavy traffic in the day, a plethora of nearby twisty highways, and wide open multi-lane free ways at night. Yet I feel like an endangered species in a beautiful diverse habitat.

Anyway I saw this forum and thought it was a good idea. Maybe I could connect with some locals and share some knowledge about what tires perform best in this climate on these roads. Or, who knows what else might be of common interest? So, I'll be the first one to jump in the pool and scream, "C'mon in the water is warm wherever you are!"

· Premium Member
9,807 Posts
Welcome, San Diego is nice, I think if the water is warm in the bay, you need to check if it's a bit yellowish, other than that it's a great place to visit, I was there at mcrd when it was there for school and went to the zoo, I think they call it balboa park. Enjoy the bike and the forum, we got lotsa good information here and a little fun as well. Don't forget to do the emergency seat release mod.

· Premium Member
9,807 Posts
Not many as the burgmans are too classy for most of them and we end up stealin all their wimmin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.