Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My second 650 the first i took in trade on a motorcycle I had with no interest in keeping, this one I plan to ride.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Welcome @jerrysain
This forum is a great place for info on your "new" ride.

·
Super Moderator
801 Posts
My second 650 the first i took in trade on a motorcycle I had with no interest in keeping, this one I plan to ride.
Welcome @jerrysain
This is the place to learn all things Burgman. No idea of your background on bikes but I suspect like many of us here, it took awhile to graduate to the big Burgman. You're in a good area to ride as I recall but I will admit to it being awhile since I left a wheel track down there. Keep us posted on your new to you scoot. Also feel free to ask if you have questions about it. We have several resident experts (I do say that seriously) that are regular contributors here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My experience is quite a mix over 45 yrs. I started with dirt bikes several at a time all five of us were riders, then a brief time with a chopper I got in trade. In 2004 we moved to Cape Coral FL and I had just bought a 750 Honda Shadow, moved up to a Honda VTX 1800 and back surgery took me out of play, sold the 1800 and bought a Harley trike kit, built it and didn't like the trike, sold it and bought a 400cc Yamaha Majesty. I started ridding with a scooter group near Ft Myers Beach. It wasn't long and I was back on a VTX 1800 again. Then went looking looking for a scoot with air ride, cruise control and hard bags. A Yamaha Royal Star tour deluxe fit the bill. We were on the road and you cant take all the toys with you,(40' motor home and 24'trailer). We sold the Yamaha RSTD and got a 650 Burg in trade yet never planned to keep it, a year passed and I bought a 1100 shadow to keep at our newly purchased home in North Fort Myers, meanwhile I had been buying ATV's to ride when spending summers in MI sold the Honda to buy a 800cc ATV, now with my wife being very busy with activities in our retirement community I said I would like something to ride again the 8 months we spend in FL. Sorry for the long winded introduction,

·
Registered
544 Posts
I just spent the last couple of days in Fort Myers and Cape Coral, having ridden my 2012 B650 "Rosie" from Delray to Key West to Miami to Fort Lauderdale to Port St. Lucie to Palm Beach Gardens first. Now I'm in Palmetto and tomorrow am going to Tampa and then back to Delray to load up and trailer back to Cincinnati. I didn't find the Fort Myers/Cape Coral a particularly enjoyable place to ride, but if you can take a cruise out to Key West, things get a lot better. But, hey, riding in flat, straight Florida beats the heck out of not riding much at all in the cold, wet weather up north! :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
I just spent the last couple of days in Fort Myers and Cape Coral, ....[bla bla bla...riding in nice weather...bla bla bla...poor schumcks up in the frozen north....]
I did like riding with you until just now. 😁 😂 Safe travels back up to the frozen tundra.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts