Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a 50 something newbie living in North Central Ohio. I took the MSF course last year, and got my motorcycle endorsement. I've been lurking on this site for over a year, and I feel like I already know many of you. Finally got my Silver '05 Burgman 400 on June 7th, and I love it. I got a great deal, $5340 out the door, brand new. I've been away on vacation for the last week, and couldn't wait to get home and put some miles on my Burgy. Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Charlie . Glad to have you join us. Congratulations on the new Burgman 400. Now that you're home, you can rack up some miles on the new toy. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, Charlie!

I love to hear from other buckeyes, but what I've been having a hard time with is finding others to ride with! I was found by a nice guy named Ed, but he hasn't kept in touch. Then again, he said his wife may make him sell his 650. :cry: Be safe and I hope you have a lot of fun riding!

Holly

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Charlie and an official welcome to the forum. Glad you finally stopped lurking and started participating. Congrats on the new 400!

·
Registered
58 Posts
HI OHIO

HI CHARLIE I am from nourth central ohio also [MANSFIELD] Have been
riding for 45 or so years. Sold 1000cc Kaw and now drive and love my 650 Burg. First year 4500 miles - only 1000 miles this year. Hope you enjoy your 400 and may see you on the road. Have fun and WELCOME.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, L.SKULSKI,
I live just outside Galion, but I get to Mansfield all the time. In fact was there twice today, well Ontario anyway.
My favorite ride so far was to Mohican State Park, rode down to the covered bridge.
I'm looking forward to many more rides. Maybe I'll see you on the road some time....do you have a Blue or Silver 650?

·
Registered
58 Posts
BURGMAN

HI CHARLIE I have a silver Burg with red accents, which was a
hood decal [tape] I cut up so I could have a right and left side to put on the Burg. HAVE A GREAT DAY

·
Registered
50 Posts
Greetings Charlie from Canton, OH

I have been a Burgman AN 400 Owner Since Sept. of 03. I just love the ease of getting on the Burgman hitting the starter and taking off!

However, I guess I'm a guy who wants bigger and better all the time and am considering looking at upgrading my 400 to a 650! I give rides to my daughters and when the two of us are on the 400, it definatley labors somewhat. Also, I'm a little bothered by the 13" wheels as we all know that the 400 makes you aware when it has hit a bump/hole in the road.

I would appreciate any feedback from you on my consideration of upgrading my Burgie to a 650 and do you think I would enjoy the difference? Of course, my wife is "pissed-off" at the thought of me upgrading!

Thanks,

TS
Canton, OH

·
Super Moderator
8,074 Posts
Re: Greetings Charlie from Canton, OH

Plasticsguy said:
I have been a Burgman AN 400 Owner Since Sept. of 03. I just love the ease of getting on the Burgman hitting the starter and taking off!

I'm a little bothered by the 13" wheels as we all know that the 400 makes you aware when it has hit a bump/hole in the road.

Of course, my wife is "pissed-off" at the thought of me upgrading!

Thanks,

TS
Canton, OH
Just give here a ride on the 400, find a big hole, or rough RR Tracks, go fast and hang on. When she complains about the bumps, just say, "It woundn't be as bad on a 650".

Serously though, I did that as well. I started on a 400, thinking it would be ocassional, back roads. It turned out we did a lot more than that. 2-up 75 Indicated on the expressway, 1 hr. or more at a time. You will see the diffrence real quick. Riding 2-up on a 650, has close to the same power as riding solo on a 400. Plus the lower CG helps with crosswind stability. My wife is glad we upgraded. I ride 2-up 90% of the time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks Jim!

Jim,

Thanks for your comments. I probably should have "grinned & bared" the extra $2,000 for the 650 when I purchased the 400. I have owned three motorcycles in the past and most recently a Suzuki VS 1400 Intruder. I can honestly say that the Burgman is hands-down much more enjoyable and not as hot to ride vs the Intruder. The only exception here is the "Cool" factor in that a Burgman does'nt have the muscle/masculinity of the Intruder. The Burgman definately is not a biker-bar ammenity.

Thanks,

TS

Canton, OH

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
The Burgman has it's own "Cool Factor". Mine has generated more interest when I'm out with it than any motorcycle I've ever owned.

I don't hang out at biker bars. Never have. Drinking and riding is just stupid. But I had to stop at one last year because the guy I was riding with wanted some chicken livers. As we were leaving, three Harley guys at the table nearest the door asked "who's riding the Suzuki"? I told them I was. They were real interested in the AN650. We chatted for about 15 minutes. They made no negative comments whatsoever. I left alive! :wink:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Burgman

Paul,

I'm glad to hear that the "Harley Folks" have taken an interest in the Burgman. I really do want to pursue the 650 but I have to figure how to do this without "giving the farm away" with trading in or selling out-right my 400 which is in mint condition with 4,000 miles.

Enjoy the weekend and please keep in touch.

TS

Canton, OH

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lewis Center Here!

Hi! I live in Lewis Center. Just purchased a Blue 650 last week. I've only had a chance to ride it twice, however I am enjoying it. I'm looking to lower it a bit...I'm only 5'3" tall. Trying to find someone who can shave off some padding. I have a friend in Westerville who purchased a Silver 400. Once we have some miles on our belt, it would be great to get together and ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts