Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We missed you Norm. How was the vacation? Was it hot enough for you? Can't wait to hear about your adventures in the New World :lol:

Janine :)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi to Janine and all forum menbers.

Had a great time, got back in the early hours of the 7th July and was home before they realised that the problems in London was actually a terrorist attack.

The holiday was everything we expected and more. But man it was hot, humid and why cannot it just rain normally - sheesh those downpours! :wink:

2 weeks ain't enough to 'do' Florida and the purpose of the holiday was to give our 10 year old the Theme park treatment - which we did. Walked a few miles and stood in lots of lines - but had a great time. We were in Epcot for the 4th July and after a truly splendid meal in the Canadian area (Le Celier - I think) went outside to witness a magnicent three part display of fireworks, lasers and natures very own - Lightning display - all seemingly coordinated.

We met up with Dee and her lovely family and had a great meal near Daytona in a very nice restaurant (The Charthouse). Dee had also done a bit of shopping on my behalf and I am now the proud owner of a very nice Joe Rocket jacket. I would post a pic but it it is too bloody cold here to wear a mesh jacket at the moment - AND we lost our digital camera while in Florida!! (Fortunately I had just changed memory sticks so we still have all the holiday phots bar 6 we had taken the evening of the loss).

It has all been a blur since getting back, we returned home tired and had work the next day which was a struggle for me - I can tell you.

I home Hurricane Dennis passes by without too much damage - lat time I checked it was the Keys direction that it was heading with a possible fringe hit at Pensacola.

I sure hope all is well with all those in the threatend spots.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Glad you arrived home safely! Sorry to hear about the loss of your camera. And Nebraska is another place where it doesn't know how to rain nicely. Thunder, lightning, often hail, and occasionally tornadoes are thrown in for dramatic effect.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Hi Norm, Glad you are safe and at home. My prayers are offered for your fellow countrymen and your family's safety and peace, especially in the wake of the barbaric bombings. Neal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts