Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ow is the time for an introduction ….,
I live in Norman Oklahoma and am 55 years old .
I have never owned any kind of Motorized Two-wheeled-conveyance .
But after 50 years I final pushed past a load of fears and self imposed excuses and bought a AN400 K8 that has a bit over 8000 miles .
It came with a bike cover, a Gmax Helmet that fits me and a battery tender

My 1 mile ride across town in a slow drizzle was OK
The bike was going around corners like a cruise liner and felt as if
weighed in at around 633 pounds but I got it home and up on the center stand .
Once upon the center stand I found a baby fist sized bulge on the rear tire

Thank to the 400 b Wheel Removal tutorial via TechArtGuy I now have
Michelin city grip rear installed on the bike a freshly washed air filter
and a seat latch bypass.

up next oil and filter change ,new front tire ,cvt air filter final drive oil change and a look see at the clutch ,belt and anything else that you kind folk might suggest I inspect, replace or overhaul
I still have not gone to the MSF Basic so I have not been riding at all
MSF will happen in a couple of week
Thanks to all who contribute the burgmanusa web

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Welcome mt...
since it looks like you've got a handle
on this Burgman, is your tornado shelter
big enough to get the scooter inside ??
( you folks seem to get hit a awful lot)

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Welcome. Like you, I never rode a motorcycle/scooter until I was about 53. Now everyday riding and long distance touring are firmly implanted in my lifestyle.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Welcome from Florida. May you get many happy years from your Burgie.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Welcome! About 5 years ago I moved to Fort Worth after being in Norman for 22 years. My son is there now getting his Master's at OU. Man I miss Tarahumara and the Greek House.

If you haven't found it yet, the road around Draper Lake is a great ride. It's a good place to hone the skills.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hey congratulations on taking such a brave first step. The 400 is an excellent first bike and perhaps the only one you'll ever need. I've been riding mine for nine years now and wouldn't do without it.

While you're into the clutch and such, you might want to "deglaze" the pads by sanding it away, perhaps a little on the bell housing as well. This will give you a smoother ride. Also, the coolant probably needs changing, but you might want the dealer to do that.

Good luck, report back and Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Welcome from Dallas, TX. I also got my first two wheeler about five months ago when I was 47 years young. Last week, I completed a 3200 mile journey on my 2011 AN400 and it cut the roads and highways like butter. The last leg was a 1098 mile ride - check that off my bucket list.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts