Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was a nice day so I was out riding , I'm about 3 miles from home and get cut off--no big deal - but it got me thinking.
I think read somewhere that 50% of motorcycle accidents happen with in 5 miles of home --Well you know how your mind plays with an idea and you start to talking to your self (unless I'm the only crazy one out there).

Just think I said to myself if I could reduce my chance of having an accident by 50 %..
And then it hit me the solution to the problem, and it's so simple !

All I have to do is rent a garage and leave the bike 6 miles from home!

Next problem, did I take my medication this morning.. :wink:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Randy said:
All I have to do is rent a garage and leave the bike 6 miles from home!
Actually, that'll increase your likelyhood of an accident since there'll be 2 homes; your home and the Burgman's home. :p My solution is to just leave home and never come back. If I had my druthers, I'd be out on the road Riding the Burgman all the time. :D

·
Registered
822 Posts
There may be some truth to that... there's a homeless guy that I see all the time on the way to work. Although he's homeless and sleeps in the streets, he has an old motorcycle which he does ride. Don't know much more about him other than he's been around for a long time and never seems to get into any accidents or other trouble. I guess if you've got biker blood you're going to have a bike whether you have a home or not!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think the stats are that 85% of accidents happen within 5 miles of home. Thing is you are always coming and going. Maybe staying home would solve it but then how do I ride my Burgman if I stay home, backyard? Buy a huge track of land and pave a bunch of roads on it and tour my home?
Maybe the homeless guy is the answer, living off my Burgman!
But then my Burgman is home and I will always be within 5 miles or is it zero since I live on the Burgman I will never leave home!!
That's it! A potta potty on the Burgman! A new use for the trunk!

Sorry, I think it is past my bed time!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I try to get past that 5 mile radius from my house carefully and without interruptions. I feel better then about my safety.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts