Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to replace my beads with a new Air Hawk R cushion to provide more tail bone relief. I would like to avoid using under seat straps, if practical. Has anyone tried a thin coating of silicone sealer on the underside of a cushion to avoid slippage on the stock Burg seat? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
18,769 Posts
I am not sure that non-slip shelf liner would work. I use it at work to keep telephone equipment from sliding in my bins. Lowes or HomeDepot has it in beige or black.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Dave. We probably have some of that around the house.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I don't use the under seat straps with my Airhawk and don't have a problem with it sliding around. I like to take it off and put it under the seat when I leave my scooter. Do you mean you plan on using silicone sealer to attach the Airhawk or put silicone sealer on and let it dry to make it a little more grippy? My Airhawk seems reasonably grippy on it's own.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I had in mind was applying thin sealer to the bottom of the Air Hawk cover and letting it dry. I thought the sealer stripes would be tacky enough to avoid slippage.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
What I had in mind was applying thin sealer to the bottom of the Air Hawk cover and letting it dry. I thought the sealer stripes would be tacky enough to avoid slippage.
The Airhawk already has a no slip bottom. I doubt you'll need additional sealer to avoid slippage.

So far as straps, you could get away without the front, under seat one. But you'll still need the rear one. I attach it around the butt bumper hardware so it doesn't fall off when you raise the seat.

Once you have it adjusted, installation is like 30 seconds with both straps. Not a big deal to don and doff

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
If you felt better and wanted something else, I would get a silicone cookie sheet and glue it to the bottom of the airhawk.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I don't use the under seat straps with my Airhawk and don't have a problem with it sliding around. I like to take it off and put it under the seat when I leave my scooter. Do you mean you plan on using silicone sealer to attach the Airhawk or put silicone sealer on and let it dry to make it a little more grippy? My Airhawk seems reasonably grippy on it's own.
+1 here. I have tried mine both with and without it's straps. As I type this the straps are in the glove box on my bike and the Airhawk is under the seat awaiting my next ride. I will just pull it out and put it on the seat and ride.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
857 Posts
I want an airhawk but don't want to spend the big bucks w/o really seeing one. Wish my local dealer carried them.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I want an airhawk but don't want to spend the big bucks w/o really seeing one. Wish my local dealer carried them.
I only knew of one Airhawk rider among my friends and he wouldn't let me try his. So finally after several years of knowing he wouldn't ride on any bike without his, I sprung for one for me. I do watch my money closely as I am retired and any money I spend doesn't get replaced now (can't work some overtime for more now). I got an Airhawk R as I am older and have some prostate problems. I am so glad that I spent this money, my only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the great information!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts