Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious about a noise I hear from the rear wheel.When I have the bike on the centerstand and roll the wheel to check for damage I hear a "rolling" noise. I don't know if that's normal or not ! Please let me know what you think ? I'd hate to do more damage by riding if it is not right.
Bike is 2013, AZ 400 with 28,000 km. I don't ride excessive speeds and as far as I know the p.o. did not either.
Thanks,
Jay.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Well, there is a bunch of moving parts in there. Maybe time to remove the side cover and check and lube the parts back there. There is a bearing that sits in the side cover.

·
Registered
776 Posts
As UF says few things to check. First thing is pop of the rear caliper spin the wheel see if the noise is still there if not it's the pads rubbing. Clean and service the caliper in particular the handbrake parts as the grease in the course thread that activates the handbrake solidifies and will bind the brakes a little.. If if the noise is still there it may be a bearing on the way out. To check any bearings drop the wheel off stick your finger in the bearing and spin it left and right any roughness means bad bearing. After that wash your finger it will be filthy 😁

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. I'll try the brakes first and go from there. Process of elimination for sure. I was planning on checking the specs of the drive belt, an excuse to use the calipers I got for Xmas !

Jay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts