Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Burgman 650, 2006, 7400 miles. On attempted start, instrument displays come up but "CHEC" appears in the odometer field. Side stand up, squeeze brake, push start button .... complete silence! Hook up charger, full charge indicates. Jumper to known good battery, just in case, same deal, complete silence. Can find no reference to the CHEC display in either the operators manual or the shop manual. What am I missing here?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks lipster and fljohnboy, you both are so right and I'm so well ..... you know.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
we've all done it - I usually do it when I put my helmet on the handlebar

·
Registered
175 Posts
I remember when I first saw the "CHEC" in the display. I thought having only 70 or so miles on the odometer, did I buy a lemon? Luckily I quickly figured it out.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The one that gets me is the kickstand switch. It has happened to me a couple of times. I got on and pushed the starter and ..... I think I flipped the kill switch and turned the key a half dozen times before I realized the stand was still down.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I never use the kill switch, but the other day when I hit the start button, nothing. Saw the chec message and remembered the previous post, doh! Must of hit it backing the bike out of the garage.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
The no-start CHEC list:
Assuming ignition switch in RUN position:
1. No starter, CHEC on dashboard: Kill Switch "OFF"
2. No starter, no warning on dashboard:
a. Sidestand not up.
b. Brake lever not pulled.

If there's nothing wrong with the bike, this should take care of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts