Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there first time posting on this forum. I have recently bought a 400 AN 2008. A few days ago the FI light came on but the bike rode normally. Since then it's gotten worse. There was absolutely no power this morning couldn't get past 10 mph. left the bike to warm up and managed to get moving and it rode fine again. then on my journey home if I twisted the throttle past halfway then again I had no power so I couldn't go over 50 mph. I've put some fuel injector cleaner in my tank today hoping that will solve the problem. Has anyone experienced this or knows what might be causing it? ='(

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Switch to dealer mode -- read the code first.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Had this happen a few months ago on my 400 k7. It was something in the throttle body, the dealer wasn't sure what. There were, I think seven electrical connections on that thing, so who knows what sensor or connection or part went bad. It would probably cost more to figure which part in the throttle body went bad than to replace with a whole new one.

Anyway a new throttle body is around $600, ouch... But the real problem was there weren't any available in the US, at the time. However, a buddy of mine found it on e-bay for $80. Dealer charged a couple bills for install, so I got away cheap. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Nothing can Go Wrong with the throttle body it self, there are only 3 Ports, inside the Unit, it's easy to clean the throttle body, I cleaned it 2 years ago found Debre clogging one Port inside the throttle body, You might want to Check the FI Fuel Injector by Cleaning/Flushing it , fuel injector cleaner is not perfect. DO a better job doing it by Hand.

Connections May be the problem as well , Vibration can Weaken the Female - Male Connectors it's Simple to Fix just get a Small Eye glasses Flat Head Screw driver and put it Between the Female connection Pin ports, which will Tighten them so it will make better Contact with the Male Connector Pins,

So far i found 2 of these Issues on 2 Connectors ,1 on the front Headlights which kept Turning off when i hit a Bump, 2 Second was the Fuel Injector Connector which had same thing when Vibration or bumps, Would Cut off engine,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah had the garage check it out turns out it was a loose connector to the fuel Injector didn't cost me anymore than one hours labor, good to know if it happens again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
ANY ONE EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEM READ THIS - as it later turned out the motor on the throttle body had actually burned out requiring the throttle body to be replaced, this is a very expensive job. What the first garage told me was a lie, it was not a loose connector they simply forced the seized motor to an open position to get the bike running again.

**read LiamJS's comment above and look for the part on ebay etc you will save a lot of money**

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Sounds like a Cheap way Out!! Avoid them Leon Wolf, that would be very Dangerous, Luck you did not Race out of Control and Crash..

So what did you do Did you go ahead and get the throttle Body.

Elliott,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I went through with the work because i do genuinely love this bike but I really get the impression it doesn't love me. Just keeps breaking down, probably my fault though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
2 years ago my FI light of AN400-K8 stayed on. Mode switch diagnosis indicated Actuator for Secondary Throttle Valve is the problem Dealer said replace throttle body. I packed grease in the STVPSensor to lubricate the Secondary Throttle Valve and the problem went away for 2 years, saving 600 to 1000 dollars. I described this in an earlier forum~Sept 30, 2012. However, re-lubing didn't cure it this time and FI light is staying on! Will recheck mode switch diagnosis and search for a cheap throttle body replacement on e-bay,etc.
I, too, have had many breakdowns including: loose spark plug connector,, burnt out rectifier-voltage regulator-generator, snapped v-belt drive belt,flat tire, slow-leak tire, out of gas, speedometer reading 15% too high,uncomfortable handlebars, etc.,none of which was honored by Suzuki's Warranty!
Since the STV Actuator is probably defective, it would need to have a new one included with and connected to the e-bay throttle body.
I would appreciate any updated recent information regarding solving this kind of problem.(7/24/2014 at 10:35 pm.,Norm7)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts