Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I was at the Secretary Of State's office to transfer a title , for years no matter what time of the day it was standing room only . For the last several months things have changed dramatically , the normal hour plus wait has shrunk down to less than 10 minutes . Today for a brief moment every chair in the place was empty . Today is the worst to date , I was in and out in 5 minutes . See pic , no one buying ?

TheReaper!

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
I guess it depends on the part of the country you are in. According to the sales figures in the business section of the local paper sales around here are up.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Here in the mountains of Virginia, I have been able to walk in and get almost immediate service for several years. If there are two other people in there, it's crowded. The parts of the country that are in or near coal mining country would love for our economy to improve to a recession.

·
Super Moderator
8,076 Posts
Sales in our area are down, and stuff is cheap.

I figure around here my bike is worth $1,000, and then someone will try to dicker down.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ten years prior to last year there was a mass exodus out of Michigan. Detroit probably had a population of a million and a half, now it's down to a few hundred thousand. Last person out of Detroit, Please turn off lights! It doesn't surprise me that there is no one conducting business in government offices. I bet you if you went down the hall to the public assistance office it would be packed. No jobs, no money, no commerce, what can you expect! So sad.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got my bike for relative peanuts, $1500 certified when all other bikes from the same year and mileage were 2x the price. I acted a good 4-5 weeks after the ad for my bike was posted and , well, nobody had bid on it.

Here's something else. I'm a bit of a musician and I've been buying expensive amps for peanuts, and there's a huge glut of Epiphone SG and Les Paul style guitars out there. I bought a beautiful Les Paul Custom, MSRP around $1200 for $300. A Vox AC100CPH tube head for $500. It out Marshalls a Marshall but also delivers the famous Brian May Queen AC30 high end. Even Amazon had Fender guitar string sets for $1.99. I regret not buying 100 of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts