Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For all the Burgman owners who have a problem with wind buffeting and rain - THIS may be what you are looking for..................! The BMW...scooter

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
But it was discontinued. They now sell one for people with long inseams.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
that bike is VERY common in rome and paris. I've seen some chinese copies of it around.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that bike is VERY common in rome and paris. I've seen some chinese copies of it around.
I had seen many when I was in Rome......too!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am so happy BMW made theirs for long legged people. If I fit I would have missed out on riding this wonderful 2013 Burgman 650 which I cannot see being outdone. Such a fantastic machine.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
BMW stopped production in October 2002, they were never officially imported into USA.

There are still a lot of them around in Europe and some of the 'cloners' have had a bash at their take on this concept.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The side winds were the first thing I thought of also.
How's this for solving the buffeting & rain? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_KR200
A friend of my father had one of those. He didn't drive it much as he was keeping it (it was the first car for his future car collection). I got to sit in it and when I kept telling him how cool it was (I was about 10 years old at the time) he took me for a short ride. It was very cool but even with the mists of time I don't think I would want one. The thing handled like crap according to it's owner.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
515 Posts
I think it's kind of interesting that i have seen more of the BMW ( C-1 , I believe it is named ) in other countries in Europe than in Germany .:confused:

As far as I can tell no helmet is required , at least i have not seen a rider with one on their head riding one.

I always thought it was a neat answer to the usually crappy German weather myself .

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
The gut at Home Depot rides the Chinese knock-off.
Pretty cool little 150cc scooter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts