1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Upsizing, downgrading -- congrats! :p

·
Registered
132 Posts
The Burgman 650(and the 400) have been around for a long time. I too am looking at a new ride, the FJR Yamaha, but each time I get on the Burgman 650 I hesitate to buy the new ride even though I have the cash in my pocket.
Even though the Burg is several years old with only minor external updates, I just can't seem to part with it. My Burg has NEVER stranded me, even when I do 650 miles in one day at 80mph. Beside almost all bikers are on motorcycles. It is nice to ride something different.
I looked at the new Honda 700 bikes and found them to be just as expensive as a new 650 Burgman. I thought the luggage on the Honda was very limited, especially the side cases. Other than the luggage I kind of like the new Hondas
Anyway, good luck on your new rides.
respectfully,
David Miller

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Being on this site sense 05 you have lots of knowledge you can still pass on the the next generations of Burgmanites.

·
Registered
753 Posts
yuull be beck!
I bet you will too! I simply cannot even imagine having to give up my wonderful Burgman and having to ride my behemoth Goldwing around everywhere I wanted to go.

I do love my GL1800 but for sure, the Burgman is much more fun for the shorter rides. 600 lbs beats 900+ lbs all day long!

·
Registered
170 Posts
The reason you have decided to let us all know you don't have a Burgman any more is, What?

I can certainly understand why you would want something with a bigger engine. I think the manufacturers have left us all wanting for that first 1000cc touring scooter. But I still want full wind protection and a full floor board so I can stretch out just like I am in my easy chair. Oh Recliner.

When we all got back from that 1000 mile ride last summer everyone on a conventional motorcycle complained about being sore. Not me, That burgman was as comfortable as my Lounge chair.

Maxi scooters are the mini vans of the motorcycle world. If your choice is style over substance and that is what you want I support your decision.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
This little puppy has had my eye (if I can ever find one in this color) but not to replace my scoot......just for fun. :D

Suzuki GW-250

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The reason you have decided to let us all know you don't have a Burgman any more is, What?

I can certainly understand why you would want something with a bigger engine. I think the manufacturers have left us all wanting for that first 1000cc touring scooter. But I still want full wind protection and a full floor board so I can stretch out just like I am in my easy chair. Oh Recliner.

When we all got back from that 1000 mile ride last summer everyone on a conventional motorcycle complained about being sore. Not me, That burgman was as comfortable as my Lounge chair.

Maxi scooters are the mini vans of the motorcycle world. If your choice is style over substance and that is what you want I support your decision.
We have a very good reason: Wifester and I are both VFW Life Members; and we decided to join the Floriduh VFW Riders. Within their rules to join are: VFW Rider members must own motorcycles at least 650cc, and no scooters. Simple as that. Done deal. Give and take world. Choices...

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
"I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member" - Groucho Marx

"forget it Jake - it's Floriduh" - Chinatown (kind of)

Both of you look terrific on your new rides!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
TwoWheelers thanks for your service from another Vet 68-69. Glad your doing what you want to. Just because I love my Burgman I sure don't put any one elses choice of rides down. MY brother has a ST1100 & son has a Victory Vision 8ball I ride with both of them ;)

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
...Anyway, good luck on your new rides.
respectfully, David Miller
+1

You have some wonderful new bikes, and a wonderful wife if she'll ride with you. You're very fortunate.

As for justifying your decision...that's your decision, not ours, to make.

Chris

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I thought yall fought for our freedoms......Not to restrict them. :rolleyes: Kiddin' just a bit....... But bylaws like that make me sick to my stomach! :pukeright:

The local American Legion Riders Post 233 let me in with my scoot even though they have a similar bylaw. They use the common sense principle for situations like these. I'll be riding with 700-800 of my brothers on my 400cc SCOOTER/motorcycle this Memorial Day as I have for years now.

Yalls Bikes do Look Super! :D

PS - All motorized 2-wheeled vehicles are by law Motor-Scooters/Motorcycles so you already qualified with your 650. After all you didn't get a Scooter license from the DMV but a motorcycle license right? A civil liberties lawyer would chew that case up in even the most conservative court!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I have two words for groups / people like that , you can rule out "lets dance" . As long as your bike can keep up with the group ,why would any one care what you ride ?

TheReaper!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Keep the Burg so you'll have something fun to ride when you tire of the other one!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts