Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I visited this site many times during my research. I'm fairly new to scooters, owning an '06 Helix for a year. I liked it a lot, but I wanted just a little more "oomph" on the freeway. That, and a little more heft so I didn't get blown around so much at speed.

I just bought a 2014 Burgman. It is better in almost every respect, except that is is a bit noisier and of course it can't match the fuel economy of the Helix. The Helix had a cushier ride but the Burgman is almost as nice.

The biggest surprise is that it tracks surprisingly well in curves. I found myself riding a bit like a hooligan. Too bad it has such a ridiculous (impossible?) breakin procedure. I'm ready to open her up a bit at the stop lights.

Edit:

Sorry for the sketchy info! I bought a Burgman 400, black. I live in Minneapolis, MN, USA.

I've been riding motorcycles for 26 yrs but scooters were never on my radar. That changed last year when a friend let me ride his Helix. I never realized how much fun they could be and I bought one a few weeks later. The Helix was OK for most riding, but whenever I had to ride the freeway (sometimes it was necessary) I felt like I was taking my life in my hands. Therefore, I began the search for a little bigger scoot.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Which bike did you get? Where ya from? You should fill in some details in the profile or signature; it helps if you ever need a problem diagnosed.

Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles. I had a Helix for years, but wanted something more too. I saw my first Burgman 400 back in 2006 when it passed me on the freeway. I went straight to the Suzuki dealership and bought a new one THAT day and it's been a love affair ever since.

Enjoy the bike. Even after nine years and 47k miles, I do every day.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Don't hurry too much with engine run in -- those are tight pots and need some time to get ground. I believe it's possible to reach the max speedo reading on flat road with proper breaking in.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I started out with Helix's, had 3 of them. Love the Burgman 400 even more! Welcome from Austin, TX.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Welcome from Dallas, TX, I have a Burgman too and just love it! There are many aftermarket products that will make your ride even better and so much useful advice and answers on the Forum.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Enjoy the Burgie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts