Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
18,919 Posts
With my military Champus and my works coverage, I was able to rent free one of those up right walkers with the setting seat. Good equipment speed recovery. For the first two weeks I was in a wheelchair and then the up right wheeled walker. When I returned to work I had a 'Hurrycane' folding cane with the big foot.

I was a telephone installer and this required me to climb telephone poles or lift and carry a 28 foot 90 pound fiberglass ladder. That is why I retired from Frontier Comm. If my manager would have let me have one of the Ford F450 Bucket Trucks I'd still be working today as I loved my work. I hired on with CenturyLink 7 months later and they gave me a F550 with a 40 foot reach bucket.

Broken hip and broken pubic bones are very similar it treatment. The nerves in the pubic bone area are tied to the 'Dangly Bits' (as MikeyM says) so it feels like you get kicked in the nads two to three times a day.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Tell me more !
Skip Land Skip Land....Come In....Skip Land !

Speaking of skip... yeah, I managed to work the skip (skywave*/ionospheric reflection of radio waves -- at least I could hear it anyhow) on CB channels when I was in Alaska.

*By an odd coincidence, Suzuki calls their "Burgman" line "Skywave" in their domestic market.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Speaking of skip... yeah, I managed to work the skip (skywave*/ionospheric reflection of radio waves -- at least I could hear it anyhow) on CB channels when I was in Alaska.

*By an odd coincidence, Suzuki calls their "Burgman" line "Skywave" in their domestic market.

They make something similar not as long though and only 2 wheels
Price tag is ridiculous though
Something like the Alacabion or Monoracer?

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,919 Posts
Paul, there was a member a long time ago that was tweeking his Burgman 650 for better gas mileage. He was playing with a Power Commander tuning box and a Fuel Pressure regulator to cut the pressure to the injectors. He was using a Air Fuel ratio gauge and a Exhaust Temp gauge to keep it at the ragged edge of lean. It was showing good progress but 'POOF' he stopped posting and we never seen what he came up with.
These gauges and other hardware would not add too much weight and if it gives you even 3 MPG gain, the less fuel carried for the 2500 miles would overcome it, about 18 pounds less fuel for the trip.
I think his MPG gains were bordering on 10+ MPG. Thats about 8 gallons less fuel.

Reactions: Bluebottle
21 - 25 of 25 Posts