Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 1999 AN400X which is at the moment on borrowed time. The fault I have is I drive 50 miles to work, & near the end of my journey I notice that the speedo lights dim slightly when either brake lever is applied, when I go to leave work some hours later, I turn the ignition on, side stand up, pull in either lever & the speedo display goes out, let go of the lever, wait a few seconds & the display comes back on again, pull the the lever in again speedo display goes off again, I don't get the chance to press the starter button. The lights work realy well so the battery seams fine, I had the same problem last week, a friend got my bike towed home, I checked a few things battery etc, and guess what it started on the button every time over the weekend, no problem, it just seems to do this on the 50 mile journey to work. I think it doesn't like coming home. I have another 400x & i have been changing some bits over, starter relay, ignitor unit, saftey relay & thermo switch. Could it be as something simple as the battery which is 4 years old.
Many thanks...

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Sounds like a loose connection or dying battery to me.
Both of which can be a pain to diagnose. :roll:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I Agree with Scootereno, dying battery may be the problem when the Ignition is on it's eats lots of Power So when you Press the break Lights your Draining more Power, you need a Voltage meter, if this is the case when you Connect it it should read 12.00v and then Ignition On 11.67v and pressing the Levers ,Light Bulbs Drains more, the the meter Should show a drop from 11.10v then Thru 8' 7' 6' 5' 3' to 3.60.v the Ignition does not have the Full Power to stay on.

Elliott,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts