Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The inevitable has happened and my 9 year old original exhaust is failing. :confused:
I can replace it with the OEM but really wanted to go with an after market one. Well guess what? They don't make them any more! Yoshimura, Leo Vince, etc....not for the pre-2007's at least. :rolleyes:
Might just have to order a slip-on and modify the pipes but I'd rather get the complete set-up. Any thoughts on any North American sources?

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I just checked
www.scooterwet.com
they list a LeoVince4Runner
for '03 to '06 for $399.95...
item number LV4012
listed on things available for
a Burgman 400 '03-'06

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
CORRECTION...www.scooterwest.com
no way to correct my mis-spelling
Sure there is - just hit the 'EDIT' button. You get about 10 minutes or so to edit your posts. Its right next to the 'Quote' button at the bottom of your post.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Keep an eye on eBay, I got a Leo Vince system for $145 shipped--though I quickly found it to add nothing but noise (literally, no power gain of any magnitude in any rpm range) and went back to the stock system.

A year or so ago I picked up another stock system from an '06 for $85 (also on eBay) that now lives in my attic as a "just in case" investment...

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I don't have an EDIT or QUOTE selection..
all I have is Post Quick Reply or Go Advanced

·
Registered
326 Posts
Click on the pics that I posted above in post 2, they are videos. I agree with cliffyk nothing but extra noise.I would like to back to stock, keeping an eye on ebay.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Duster I might just have to try that one.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I found the only US distributor for them so I won't have to deal with shipping and customs from Europe. They are very helpful and friendly and just 1 state away in Tennessee! They specialize in performance exhaust systems for performance bikes and and would love to help out any way they can. They even offered to add a scooter section to their online catalog. The people I've talked with seem great and I believe I will be ordering one of their MIVV systems from them. They only have the one option for our older scooter's but 3 very cool choices for the newer 400's. They currently do not stock any scooter parts at all but are very interested in adding them to their inventory. I will be doing a full review of the supplier and exhaust system when it comes in about 3 weeks. Probably an installation tutorial video as well!
Hoping for the best from a distributor for a company that is still making exhausts for our scoots and guaranteeing them too. :cool:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sweet! I Like it!
Let us know the web site you ordered it from. I am looking forward to your review. I hope you can post a video to we can hear how it sounds.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Of course I will post a video of the before and after sound comparison of the OEM and the MIVV exhaust. The place I got it does not do traditional online order and payment. They prefer to verify the order and parts before contacting you to make the payment. That prevents mix ups and confusion amongst their customers. The best part is MIVV provides a full schematic and assembly video to their customers.
The company in Tennessee is PJ's Parts and can be found here: http://www.pjsparts.com/
If you contact them tell them Steve sent you.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Steve,

Looking forward to reading and hearing about the new exhaust system. My 2004 with 15,000 miles might be approaching time for replacement from the sound of it.

Thanks,

Bruce

·
Registered
770 Posts
Well I found the only US distributor for them so I won't have to deal with shipping and customs from Europe. They are very helpful and friendly and just 1 state away in Tennessee! They specialize in performance exhaust systems for performance bikes and and would love to help out any way they can. They even offered to add a scooter section to their online catalog. The people I've talked with seem great and I believe I will be ordering one of their MIVV systems from them. They only have the one option for our older scooter's but 3 very cool choices for the newer 400's. They currently do not stock any scooter parts at all but are very interested in adding them to their inventory. I will be doing a full review of the supplier and exhaust system when it comes in about 3 weeks. Probably an installation tutorial video as well!
Hoping for the best from a distributor for a company that is still making exhausts for our scoots and guaranteeing them too. :cool:
Looks to me like an excuse for a Burgman road trip! :D maybe they can prototype the system on your scoot. (That would be pretty cool.)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Found this post of a MIVV exhaust on a K07 or newer Burgman, sounds a lot like my Leo Vince SBK Pipe.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts