Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any members in the NJ NY area.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can't believe that I am the only one on this great web site in my area.

Keeping this post up in hope that someone will see it and would like to ride together, I now have another Burg 650 owner who lives in Brooklyn who rides with me sometime.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just got my Black 650 and am in Stamford, CT. Let me know if you want to ride together! I'm going away next week for a while, but will be back in late July.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will let my Buddy in Brooklynwho also has a 650 knows and I am sure will will huck up. Lets us know when you are back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wayne, NJ.
Silver 650. Purchased new on Apr. 30, 2004.
3,600 miles until today.
3500 mile service 2 days ago at $140.00 by the Suzuki dealer.
Waiting for Clearview screen. (promised for 2 week delivery which passed.)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cgogh you are real close, I am in Wayne a lot. Which dealer did you use for your service.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Cgogh,

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your 650 - I see you are rolling up the miles. I bought mine in September '03 and just had the 7500 mile service done. Of course, I didn't get much riding in while the snow flew this Winter... I'm originally from Connecticut & lived in the northeast most of my life. Moved to the Midwest 2 years ago, but everytime members from New Jersey to Maine talk about their favorite rides it triggers lots of memories.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pauljo I am sure you ment 03 not 04. I got mine this past Feb but did not start to ride till March and I only have 810 miles. You Guys sure ride a lot, I have to split my time between my burg and my jet ski.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
burg650 said:
Pauljo I am sure you ment 03 not 04. I got mine this past Feb but did not start to ride till March and I only have 810 miles. You Guys sure ride a lot, I have to split my time between my burg and my jet ski.
Yep. Darn fingers! I fixed that - thanks.

Yeah, it sure is tough having too many toys. :wink:

Of course working used to intrude on my riding time... Now I've got my priorities straight - for a couple of years anyway!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In addition to getting a few week off over the winter months, I take July and August off every year so I can enjoy my summer toys. Yes life is hard when you get up and look in the garage and say what should I ride today the road toy or the water toy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry.
I was out yesterday.
Riding........ 340 miles round trip all the way to Montauk, eastern tip of Long Island.
Back to my Burgman:
- Purchased: Bergen Sports, Lodi, NJ
- 600 mile service: Bergen sports $132.64
- 3500 mile service: Pompton Hodna, Suzuki, Pompton Plains, NJ
$145.60

At 18 I started driving 4 wheeled vehicle.
At 40 I started driving 3 wheeled vehicle. (Dream came true 1)
At 47 I started driving 2 wheeled vehicle. (Dream came true 2)
So what's next?

Charles on the grin

·
Registered
8 Posts
BTW,

I heard some poeple call Long Island "Wrong Island" because of their chronic traffic problem. And it is said that LIE (Long Island Expressway) is a lie or the longest parking lot in the world.

But no problem for me. I realized they have HOV lane and bikes are permitted! I was cruising along HOV lane while 4 wheeled motorists were snailing on LIE.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts