·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was very luck to capture this lowside on camera, here it is:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Are they inexperienced at track riding? Both bikes seem to be struggling in that turn with the one going down. Maybe there was dirt or sand on the track?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm not a racer and have never been on a track, but here's my observation:

At about 0:24 seconds into the video (slow motion), it looks like the rider is gaining on the rider in front of him/her. Just a split second before the tire loses contact, the front suspension suddenly compresses, indicating to me the rider grabbed too much front brake and caused the front tire (already coping with cornering stresses) to lose traction.

As speedandstyle mentioned, there may have been dirt or sand on the track which would have exaggerated the condition.

Just my uneducated guess. :confused:

·
Registered
352 Posts
I saw his right arm come up, made me wonder if he was braking too.
Whatever he did, I'd guess he did it wrong.

Of course, I was just watching the YouTube video of the Qatar MotoGP race... INSANITY!! :eek:

·
Administrator
18,763 Posts
In the slow motion between 0.19 and 0.35 it looks like water on the road. The frist rider hits it and struggles when the second rider hits it and goes down. Watch it in full screen.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
asking the guys, they told me the track had "events" that were supposedly "fixed/patched" with new tarmac, so the guy went through new I guess heated tarmac, braked a little to prevent running into the guy in front of him AND with the lean angle he had, lost the front.

by the way, this is one of the bad tracks out there, though we dont have that many either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts