Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First night ride in earnest:

WOW...great high and low beams. Best stock headlamps on any bike I have owned.

Lip is working out great..its a good option. Ordered Fiam horn from Aerostitch. Will keep y'all aprised.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim said:
Bugs, those thigs that keep hitting you when your riding. They just started coming out tonite. have to clean the windshield more often now,
No bugs, protien ... Gulp.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I keep one of those new packages of windex wipes in the bike. They work great and are safe for both the windscreen and the body. Keep an old T shirt in the trunk to smooth out the gloss too.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Went for my first night ride last night, just like abm said.one of the best (stock) lights I have seen on a bike. and I am riding :) a 400 .

·
Registered
498 Posts
Good lighting is something perculiar to big scooters. Even the 35w/55w low/high beam lighting of the 250 & 400 looks better than standard sportsbike or naked bike lighting, largely because the illunated area is so wide compared to standard bikes. The 650 has 55w/60w low/high beam so it truly is a cut above standard 35w low beam lighting - right off the shelf.

On my x11 much like the 650, as I usually ride out ot the mountains and camp on the thing, I do ride on mountain passes a lot at night and depsite the excelent multi-reflector headlight being really quite good, at 35w I was always on high beam. After fitting HID the difference was amazing, and the increase in confidence that you feel makes it hard to consider using standard 35w Halogen bulbs again. The good thing about the AN250/400 is that despite tha fact that loe beam is only 35w, high beam is 55w and won't drain the battery if used for long periods as the bike kicks out a decent amount of eletricity as standard, as it's prepped with the 12V power oulet as standard.

The 55w low beam on the 650 is nearly as good as HID on the x11, though at 600USD I shall not be hurrying to change the standard set up on the 650 to HID when it already gives car levels of night illumination.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts