Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great to meet you all.

I live in Japan and own a Skywave(Burgman in other countries) AN400.I look forward to sharing ideas and discussions with all of you in the future

Here is a post of one of my many tours around the country.

Welcome to Shodoshima island.The second largest in the seto(inland)sea between Shikoku and the main Japanese island of Honshu.

A bloddy great Sudnay was had on the skywave!!!!! Best of all.You guys are invited to hop on the back for this wonderful tour,brought to you by SKYWAVE.

The day trip was as easy as cooking toast(I stuff that up sometimes).The expressway from Osaka to Okayama prefecture past Kobe and Heimji gets you to the ferry port in about 1 and half hours at 120km/h.The journey accross the sea to the island takes 50 mins.

Set back and scroll down to discover one of Japan's many isalands.

THE MAP

ANOTHER MAP>CLOSE UP.Thankyou Google Earth.

After a nice cruise down the Sanyo expressway,I arrived at the small ferry port of Hanase.Lined up and ready to go,the bikes for the journey to Shadoshima

Here she comes.Nice and easy into the dock

[/IMG]

Ready to unload

Some of the locals from the island off-loading for a day's fishing on the mainland.

Tour buses,many of them,make the journey to Shodoshima island on day trips from Oskaka,Kobe,Okayama and cities on the island of Shikoku

The back of the ferry.Ready for departure.

Some of the tourists settling in for the 50 minute journey

Hey fellas!!!! go easy!!!! its only 10 am in the morning.......I would be doing the same thing if I werent riding.

The port of Hanase disapearing in the haze.The weather,although nice,wasnt the best for viewing long distances today.Its rice buring season in Japan.Alot of haze results from it.

Nice homes by the water.All on a small island.If the haze werent there,it could be scene right out of Middle habour or Pittwater in Sydney.

Family snaps.21st century style.Click and send anywhere in the world at that instant!!!!
The new phones have 3 million pixels now.Mine is very old,4 years,and is about 30 times less quality than the current models today.Considering I have a Cannon Coolpix 5600 I see no need to upgrade my phone.I plan to keep it and its crapy picture sending quality for sometime yet.

Back trail,looking beyond to the mainland.I managed to fit in a few emails to family and friends on the phone while looking at this view.Just magic!!!!

All the bikes tied up and ready for unloading

Shodoshima island in the distance.Famous for the great views of the seto sea from its peaks,lots of monkeys and olive trees.

First stop in Sadoshima.The stones that built Osaka Castle in the 1600s.From here they were quarried and then shiped by sea to Osaka.

Welcome to Tonosho.The largest town on the island.Today was market day.

Some of the locals cooking up some yukisoba.

How about some local gyoza(Japanese style chinese dumplings for you non Japanese residents)

Or some baby fish perhaps?

Or maybe you will would like some.............dont know?

Here is something I understand.What about some tasty cooking stoves :)

Nice view with a bit of good old November haze.This picture was taken from the southern tip of the island.The light house does its job guiding ships in one of the world's busiest waterways.Ships from all over the world and within Japan use the inland sea to arrive in Kobe and Osaka,some of the biggest ports in the world.

Olive trees.Plenty of these on the island.Just one picture to prove this to you.

The village of Tanoura.Famous for the movie 'Twenty-four eyes',according to my trusty loney planet guidebook.Ive never seen or heard of this movie.But will make to effort to see it after visiting this village.Just magic!!!!!

A street in the village.

Feeding the carp fish.A popular pastime.

The school where the movie was filmed

THE BEST PHOTO FROM THIS TOUR !!!!!

taken from the village looking out to sea.

Pogo man having a bit of fum amusing himself.We all have our ways of achieving that.

The reason why Shodoshima and this village is famous all across Japan.The class from the movie.If anyone has seen this film please reply.I would like to know more about it.

A bit of seaweed.Mmmm.It comes in so many different varties in Japan I couldnt possibly tell you what this type is.It smelt good!!!!

Time to head to the mountainous areas of the island.Autumn has arrived in the higher altitudes.The topography rises 900m above sea level.Incredible for such a small island 15km long and about 10km wide.

Im speechless!!!!!!!! Looking over the northern part of the Island

Breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The southern side of the island.Monkey magic!!!!!!! Pigsy,Sandy and Tripatata would feel at home in this location.

Same place.Different angle.

One more time.Looking down at Ikeda.The second largest town in Shodoshima.900 m above sealevel

I could of taken a thousand photos of the coastline.Most of you,who have seen my pictures,have seen it too many times.Here is a token shot of it with the skywave on Shodoshima just before arriving at the ferry port for departure.

The skywave and other bikes lined up for the ferry.

I love my skywave.But thats a bike!!!! look at it!!!! Im not sure what model it is.The label read 'American low rider'.Very nice.

Some mini's.Alot of people in Japan collect and hot-up minibikes.

On the ferry and back to the mainland.

What a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to Osaka.

I hope you enjoyed anthoer tour of Japan.Brought to you by.......

SKYWAVE
I will go where you take me

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Phenominal post! Thank you very much for that, I enjoyed it thoroughly!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Those are some really nice pics. Thanks for sharing them with us :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
Photos from Japan

Thanks a million for the great photos and the visual vacation from here.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Beautiful places - wonderful pictures! Thanks so much for the share. I think the "big bike" you liked was Japanese(?) - it was cool!

I especially like the hopped up "mini-bikes!" Disk brakes on a Honda Trail 70 (90?/110?) WOW!

The mountains too - that is one of the things that is sooo cool about Japan (though I've never been there) - heck i think i have seen and read somewhere that you can ski there in August!

Thanks dude - your pictures gave many of us a unique look at the real Japan!

Pete

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers guys.I'm glad you liked them.

That big bike,I found out,is a Yamaha.Not bad for a replica.

Those minis are cool hey! I wouldnt mind thrashing them around that island for a day.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Absolutely fantastic posting and great phots.

However I do think your rear view mirror is excessively large! :wink:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Hee hee, it kinda makes the scoot look like a one-armed lobster!

My wife and I went to a digital picture taking class last week. Probably wasted on me because I am a hopeless clutz with a camera. But one of the many things we were told was to watch our backgrounds when framing a picture. Sometimes the results of not doing so can be hilarious!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Putting on my "Moderator hat" for a minute. Boo...

This is an awesome pictorial, and I really enjoyed it. But anyone trying to open this thread on dial-up is in for a long frustrating wait. Even with cable modem, there is a delay while all the pictures download.

Better technique is to set up an alblum in the Gallery, and provide a link to it. You can still add comments to each pic in the Gallery.

I'm not asking that this thread be modified, but I wouldn't want this to become a trend. We do have some folks on dial-up.

"Moderator hat" off. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Thanks, so much. Those are absolutely beautiful pictures of a beautiful country.

Aside from the "overly large" left-hand mirror, your AN400 looks more like the US/Canadian 400S. Shorter windscreen and no passenger backrest. Obviously, there are differences between home-market and export versions of the scooter.

Thanks, again, for a great photo-tour.

Regards,

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Nick,

Great photos :!: I just wish I could have been on the trip with you.

Thanks for sharing them.

Janine :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ken OBSC said:
Thanks, so much. Those are absolutely beautiful pictures of a beautiful country.

Aside from the "overly large" left-hand mirror, your AN400 looks more like the US/Canadian 400S. Shorter windscreen and no passenger backrest. Obviously, there are differences between home-market and export versions of the scooter.

Thanks, again, for a great photo-tour.

Regards,
Hahahaha.I just got it.

I was about to write that my skywave didnt have large mirrors.

Yep.Thats a new addition to my bike.It slows it down a bit but gives me a great view from the rear as I'm touring around the countryside.

My model is the Type S skywave.S for sports.There are two types here.Normal and Typde S and just recently the SS came out.

Here is a pic from the Japanese website showing you all the 400 and 250 models

·
Registered
1 Posts
reply about twenty-four eyes

Wonderful post! I wish I was there as I love to travel. :p
I can only think of total freedom as I imagine myself in your place high on mountain looking out at a vast scenery.

Here is an synopis of the movie "twenty-four eyes":
Twenty-Four Eyes is an adaptation of a novel by the female writer Sakae Tsuboi. Set in a picturesque island in the Inland Sea, and covering a 20-year time span embracing prewar, wartime and early postwar Japan, it centres on the relationship between a primary school teacher and the 12 island children in her first class. (The 12 children explain the 24 eyes of the title). In the course of the film, she faces problems of acceptance by the children and their parents, then ideological criticism from the educational authorities, then wartime privations and losses in her family and among her pupils. The hardships of the young girls in her class, forced by economic privation and/or death of their parents to leave school and support their families, are stressed; as is the destiny of the young boys to become cannon fodder. The film concludes with a tearful reunion between the bereaved teacher and her original pupils, whose ranks are sadly depleted by the suffering of the past decade.

·
Registered
13 Posts
nick: Many thanks for the great travel pictures. They were beautiful. Also I appreciate the captions. Send more!!!!!!!!!
:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts