Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who was the guy I met that owns a 400 from Torrance, Ca. ? It was nice talking to a knowledgeable and experienced rider. This won't make any sense to anybody else but when he said; "Nothing says FU like a top box." I almost peed myself......... so true.

Thanx
Russ

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Randy,

It's like this. Some of us "more sporting" riders take great delight in passing the wanna-be racers on their race replica bikes. I'm not the fastest guy around but I do have some fun from time to time. I take some pride when passing a slower rider and make sure the guy I'm passing gets a good long look at the scooter that just passed. The top box is just icing on the cake! Not only did he get passed by a scooter the dude has a giant/fricking touring box on top of the little thing. It's just too much fun.
I wasn't able to pass but a guy last week was hanging off a Ducati 999 giving it all he had and I was just sucked up right behind him. I didn't have enough motor to stay with him down the straights but I was dogging him hard in the corners. When we got to the top of the hill I asked him if that was all he had? He said he was just trying to be safe. I told him mission accomplished it looked way safe to me from where I was sitting but why were you hanging off if we were going so slow? Like I said, too much fun.
I'm sure there are a few victims that are doing their best to forget that they got passed by a SCOOTER.

Thanx
Russ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts