Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 AN650 White MotorTrike
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little history first. In 2010 I hadn't ridden in 35 years. Found a 2007 Burgie with 512 miles on it and bought it (picture in Avitar). I enjoyed the hell out of it. Spent a lot of money over the next few years farkeling and riding. I used to ride with Rod (RTAnimal), and some with Shawn (TechArtGuy) and Roger from Chillicothe. But my job kept me away from home for 6-8 months at a time ( I was a Front of House audio mixer for Broadway road shows) and would ride when I could. About 2014 I started having issues with my knees, and was worried about holding the bike up at stoplights. I left the BBoards when the original owner sold it to a commercial company (more adverts than postings), and sold the bike in late 2014.
Fast forward to this year. I started to feel the need for "wind therapy" again, and in the spring I started looking at Vespas, reasoning that I might be able to hold up the lighter weight. A quick test ride cured me of that ambition. No place to stretch my legs, and not enough go power to take on the freeway. Then in July I found a 2013 Burgie for sale in Indiana that had the MotorTrike conversion. After talking to the owner, I decided to go get it and trailer it home. Turns out the owner who triked it did NOT have the front end raked. Man was that thing a beast to turn. But since then I've had the front end raked (now it feels like power steering), and started adding creature comforts ( Corbin seat, Shad top box w/Admore lights, Breakaway Throttle lock, LED turn-stop-running-license lites, Givi panniers, and a Garmin Zumo. I even added a holder for my cane). I'll post new pics when I finish mounting the panniers.
I have been lurking since July, and was extremely glad to see that the forum looks a lot more like the old days. I hope to find some other Burgman riders in my area to take some trips with. I live in the Southeast corner of Columbus, Oh (Groveport), and am now retired.
Dennis
P.S. I read on a posting about taking a collection up to buy LeDude a newer body style Burgman. Count me in! I used his tutorials so much with my 2007, but a lot doesn't translate to the new body.

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Interesting story.

Welcome back.

·
Registered
2004 AN650
9 Posts
Hello from Blacklick, neighbor. I'm new to the Burgie world but did a lot of rising in a past life - I won't admit how many years ago. Glad you got the front end fixed up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome back to the forum aamigos. Post pics of your new ride; I might have to go that route eventually.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome back to the forum aamigos. Post pics of your new ride; I might have to go that route eventually.
I’d thought about converting my old Burgman to a trike, but back then money was more of an issue. I’m glad I found this one. Moving from two wheels to three took some adjustments. You kinda “drive” a trike and not ride it. It took a few days to break myself of the habit of putting my feet down at stop lights. And I’m still feeling it out about cornering. I’ll post a few pics as soon as I’m able.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
15,188 Posts
Welcome sir. Great story and thanks for sharing it with us. There's probably a lot of us that would consider triking a Burgman when the time comes. Good on you for finding it and finding your way back to the forum. Ride safe and keep us posted on your rides.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope I did this correctly. I still need to mount my panniers and get the lids painted white. But I’ve gotten done most of the work I wanted to do.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Nice looking ride ... welcome back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts