Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my KTM dealer n said I wanted to sell my 1290 Super Duke and was just gonna get a scooter cause that's all I really needed to get around. He proceeded to tell me he just took in a 2013 Burgman 650....answered him back I'm coming over fill the tank. When I motored in...there set this white beautiful like new scooter with my name written all over it. It was love at first sight.We closed the deal and I rode off into the sunset. I rode home going between 80 and 90mph passing every car in sight....thank God the sheriff was on his lunch break somewhere....it felt just as if I was flying a magic carpet sitting upright in a chair instead of leaning over a fuel tank...the ride was amazing,had no idea these scooters could scoot so well and feel this great at insane speeds. The only down side is no owners manual or spare key....I know there's an engine etc. underneath this plastic,just don't know where to look. I apologize for this long post it's just so exciting to see how far scooters have come since the Vespa I rode in the service in early 60's

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good job

Congrats on the new bike. I also got the same scoot a month ago. You can get an owners manual (basic) or a service manual (better) and use the tutorials on this great forum to learn how to remove tupperware so you can see what goes where. Better make sure the correct service was done. Fluids, etc. The forum has all the info you need. Ciao

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered service manual from Suzuki dealer and they gave me an owners manual so now I can correct the clock...thanks for the new site to get more data...dealer told me the 650 is capable of going 140mph...hard to fathom that but something I won't try. They also want 2.5 hours of 95$ labor towards the 4000 mile service so the service manual will pay for itself.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Ordered service manual from Suzuki dealer and they gave me an owners manual so now I can correct the clock...thanks for the new site to get more data...dealer told me the 650 is capable of going 140mph...hard to fathom that but something I won't try. They also want 2.5 hours of 95$ labor towards the 4000 mile service so the service manual will pay for itself.
140... No. Faster than legal... Yes, in every sense of the word.

The Burgmans are a study in Just Enough +. It will do most anything you NEED in an efficient, comfortable and practical manner; just don't expect crazy overkill.

It's a great bike, it will soon be your favorite I suspect because it's very good at everything, but not spectacular at any one thing.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Brilliant bike - you won the lottery on that.

140 no ...get to 90 right quick - you betcha - there is more but with that huge weather shielding up front it will take a while.

Now your biggest surprise will be in the twists.

http://www.onewheeldrive.net/2006/10/04/scoot-touring-the-honda-silverwing-and-suzuki-burgman/

The bike will handle better than most riders including me will push it to.
Member here got annoyed at an R1 rider and pushed the limits on a road the suited the Burgman's envelope very well.
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/12-general-discussion/70658-high-praise-650-burgman.html

Result......a very surprised R1 rider.

Great brakes, best lighting I've ridden with. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
The actual top speed of a 650 (GPS, not what the speedometer says) is about 110 MPH. Odds are, you'll never need to go that fast. On the other hand, it does mean that you can hold 75 MPH while facing a 35 MPH headwind -- not that you'd want to for long if there was any alternative; under those conditions the wind buffeting would be unpleasant and the fuel economy appalling. Backing down a little would help enormously with both issues...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
hoghead32 welcome to the forum and congrats on the new scooter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Brilliant bike - you won the lottery on that.

Now your biggest surprise will be in the twists.

http://www.onewheeldrive.net/2006/10/04/scoot-touring-the-honda-silverwing-and-suzuki-burgman/

The bike will handle better than most riders including me will push it to.
Member here got annoyed at an R1 rider and pushed the limits on a road the suited the Burgman's envelope very well.
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/12-general-discussion/70658-high-praise-650-burgman.html

Result......a very surprised R1 rider.

Great brakes, best lighting I've ridden with. Enjoy.
I can't thank you enough for posting that info. I've ridden my 650 less than 200 miles and have been worried about how it would behave in the twisties, my favorite place to ride. Having read the stuff connected to the links you posted, I now have a reason to find out what this scooter is capable of. Looks like I may have to cancel my ad on CL and keep it awhile.
Oh and welcome aboard Hoghead. There's no denying that there's a great bunch of people on this forum with a wealth of info to share.
Willie

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hope you got a good price on the bike. And welcome to the forums from Austin, TX.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I rode home going between 80 and 90mph passing every car in sight....thank God the sheriff was on his lunch break somewhere....
I picked up my like new white one 3 days ago, and cruising down the freeway on the way home I too was surprised to find the speedo registering at over 100 MPH. My trip home on the new bike was way more fun than the ride to pick it up...

Enjoy the new ride!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts