Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Tina and I just began riding my own 2007 Blue 400 1.5 years ago. I've spent a lot of time riding with my husband on his 2010 Kawasaki 900 and decided it was time to ride my own bike. I'm looking forward to warmer weather to begin touring the country small bits at a time. Trips planned so far are Destin, FL in April and Maggie Valley in September. :)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Tina! Now that you've gotten some experience on that 400, you'll find that the collective experience of this place has the answers to all of those niggling questions which aren't found in the manual.

The road trips sound great! Destin's fun anytime, but if you're heading to Maggie Valley in September, NOW is the time to reserve a cabin. Glad to have you among us, Tina - it's great to have a fresh voice in the mix!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome Tina,
Glad to have you on board. I ride a 2011 400 and my husband has a 2013 650. We are hoping to visit the Smokies this spring or maybe in the fall. We try to ride when ever the weather is decent. Bad weather is no fun, been there, done that.
Lots of good info and good people here on this site. Again, welcome. Stay safe.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles, CA.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome Tina. Glad you decided to join us.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Of course i'm glad of this join, however every such time makes me think that Burgie is not a very proper bike for me :confused:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Welcome Tina,
I used to live in Bama myself and I have been to both places. I think you will really love riding the smokies on your 400. While your in Maggie Valley look for a road all the "Rattle Snake". I found it by accident and really love it. It's a good road to ride.
I hope from your last comment that you are not having issues with the 400.
Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ Maxfun - I'm not having any issues at all with my Burgie, that was another poster. I love my bike and it's been great learning to ride it. i've experienced a couple of issues in gravel and spent 6 months with a broken foot but that has not deterred me from getting back on. as soon as the weather here levels out around 60+ I'll be back on it as much as I can.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Of course i'm glad of this join, however every such time makes me think that Burgie is not a very proper bike for me :confused:
Bolzen, I don't understand why you made this comment ?:confused::confused:

Boozert2, welcome to the best Burgman site on the web.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Boozert2....when you get to Destin/Ft. Walton Beach,
keep your eyes open for a couple of local Burgman riders.
There are 2 or 3 that I know of around there, plus a yellow
Helix.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Bolzen, I don't understand why you made this comment ?:confused::confused:
You see, i feel more that is a girl bike and probably it really is. Sometimes i try not to think about this, but i could just be escaping from reality.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome Tina from sunny and hot gold coast Australia .My wife sold here 500 tmax and has gone back to a cruiser but she still loves my 650 Bergman

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
This is what i believe should be a men's bike:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Tina,

Welcome to the forum. I'm new here too and purchased a 2004 400cc about 3 weeks ago. I'm OK with the 400 and don't have any ego issues :) I'm a grandfather now and I've had bigger motorcycles (and smaller) this one seems too work for us right now. Low price used and just big enough for 2-up riding.

My wife (married 30 years this May!) and I plan some trips to Maggie Valley this year. I work one week out of every month at a lumber yard on 276 just outside of Maggie. It would be great to meet you and your husband plus anyone else who visits Maggie. My evenings are usually free and not much to do except work. Once the weather breaks looks for a 400 Burgman in the parking lot.

Bruce (& Kelly)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
welcome to the forums, enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
What does this mean? I am confused
Well, every girl that gets a B thus confirms that design is to their likings. Don't feel really at ease at such moments 'cause for example rare girl would consider a Super Tenere or KTM Adv. Same as me put on high heels or someth.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts