Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from really old guy in Alberta. Just had the opportunity to buy a 2009 AN 650 with ABS - only 260 kms on it, so I could not turn it down. It has joined winter storage with my ST1300, Virago 1000 and my granddaughters CBR 250. Looking forward to riding the new "scoot" when spring returns to the north.

Was looking at the great info available on "Le Dudes" site and noticed an oil filer adaptor available so that (my favorite) Pure One 14610 filters can be used. Has anyone tried these? And if so, how has it worked for you.

Ken McNeill :)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Ken! Sorry I can't give you any info on the oil filter adapter, but I know you'll have a great time on that scoot when winter finally recedes. Glad to hear she's safe and warm and getting to know her stable-mates!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome to BUSA. Nice stable of bikes you got there.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
welcome to the forum, It always amazes me how people that have ridden or currently ride really "top end" bikes, ended up getting a burgman, really makes me think I made a good choice.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I can only speak for myself, but here's my path. I rode when I was a kid in college, starting off with a '71 Yamaha YZ80. I rode the snot out of that thing and, after I seized it up and had to buy a new jug, I graduated to 350s - two Hondas and a Yamaha. They were BIG bikes back in the 70s and really got my sense of adventure going by providing a reliable way to go almost anywhere.

I was distracted for about 20 years while I got married and raised a couple of kids before my mid-life crisis hit. Then I found an old '86 Honda VT1100C Shadow and put almost 80k miles on her before I realized it wasn't designed for the type of riding I was actually doing - commuting and long distance touring. I was looking for a sport-tourer when I encountered a Concours at a good price. Liked it so much that, when I eventually ran the clock up to 100k miles, I got another. And another. And even a fourth, though that one died fairly early on in an encounter with a cage on my way home from work one day.

A year and a half went by and I was really yearning for another bike. I found the Burgman and absolutely fell in love with it. She fulfilled all of my (motorcycling) needs and she's a blast to ride, The Concourse was a good commuter and a superb long-distance runner - but about 90% of my riding is commuting so the Burg is even better suited to my needs.

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts
Welcome Ken. You could become a snowbird & bring it down to my neck of the woods abound Palm Springs Ca. Weather is great this time of year for riding. :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
"I was distracted for about 20 years while I got married and raised a couple of kids before my mid-life crisis hit. Then I found an old '86 Honda VT1100C Shadow and put almost 80k miles on her before I realized it wasn't designed for the type of riding I was actually doing - commuting and long distance touring. I was looking for a sport-tourer when I encountered a Concours at a good price. Liked it so much that, when I eventually ran the clock up to 100k miles, I got another. And another. And even a fourth, though that one died fairly early on in an encounter with a cage on my way home from work one day."
(Chip Doc)

ChipDoc - I have owned bikes since my first "Whizzer" at the age of 14, but you put us all to shame with the mileage you have amassed on your wheels. Good for you. And thanks for the comments on the Burgman - I'm pretty sure I will enjoy the @#$ out of it (if spring ever comes).

Ken

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome Ken. You could become a snowbird & bring it down to my neck of the woods abound Palm Springs Ca. Weather is great this time of year for riding. :cool:
Thanks and a great idea. My wife keeps suggesting the same thing, but I can't bring myself to pull a trailer down I-15 in the winter. We enjoy the Desert but have elected to stay in St. George Utah for the past many years because of its smaller size, college activities and great golf courses. There's a lot of fine riding to be done out of there as well. I'll have to think of some way to get some wheels south.

Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts