Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I live in Suffolk, England. I've owned my K5 400 for around 10 months. I've looked at this site for some time now and decided to register.
No doubt I'll have some questions for you.
At the moment I'm in the process of sorting out my new drive belt. Since I've installed the new one I'm having difficulty pulling away from a standing start. Once above 15-20mph it's fine. I probably did something wrong while reassembling. I've had some good advice from Burgman owners UK so we'll see how it goes. I may install the Dr Pulley sliders I've had recommended. Any advice on those (and best place to buy) appreciated.

I also ride a DL650 L2 V-Strom.

Bye for now!:thumbright:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome!

The drive belt install can be a little difficult the first time. The important thing is to make sure you have the belt out of the way so as you tighten the nut. It's very easy for the belt to slip down as you tighten and the belt will give you a false sense of having the nut tight. Instead of metal against metal as you tighten the belt will slip in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Refitted old belt today and bike runs fine. The one I've bought is obviously not the same spec. I'll be contacting them......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big changes in the past year....

Been over a year since I first posted.
I now own a brand new 400, just 450 miles on it.
I also chopped in my Vstrom for an R1200rt.......

I still love the burger :wink

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Welcome!

I am happy with Dr Pulley 19g sliders. In fact, thinking of making them into 20g by stuffing 1g of tubing into the center hole. A future project. The 19g give faster accel + lower revs. at high speeds.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Welcome!

I am happy with Dr Pulley 19g sliders. .......clipped....... The 19g give faster accel + lower revs. at high speeds.
+1
An additional benefit I saw is that the flat-spot in acceleration around the 4000-4500rpm mark, disappeared. (K6 model).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts