Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new here from Northern Ireland UK, just bought my first burger which requires minor engine work but spare parts are mega expensive or simply not available. Previous scoots include a couple of Honda Spacey 125cc, Yamaha Bwizz 80cc, TGB 125cc, Daelim Delphino 100cc and currently a vintage 59 Hercules Prior 200cc along with the 250cc burger.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Welcome to the forum :hello2:

First off I will have to level with you, you are not going to get a whole load of specific help here. The 250 is not imported into North America and that accounts for most of the membership. We do not have many European 250 owners who post here regularly (someone please tell me if I am wrong and I will apologise).

So, how to proceed.....?

All the bits you need will be available from Suzuki but there are two problems which you may have already discovered. Time and money. Inevitably stuff will be on back order and will take somewhere in the region of 8 to 12 weeks to arrive at you location. You will pay through the nose.

Fowlers of Bristol are good guys and will help you with the above.(identifying part numbers etc)

To reduce costs then it is down to salvage bikes and parts. Once you have identified part numbers for the items you require you can then check if the 400 equivalent part is the actually the same item. I would be surprised if they are.

I hope this does not put you off, that is not my intent. Fixing a single cylinder engine is no big deal - once you have the parts in your mitts. Talk to Fowlers.:)

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
There're more similarities between the 250 and early 400 than differences. I had one a couple of years ago, it's even simpler than following FI models, however other than changing a rear wheel bearing i actually never had to repair it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, I was hoping that the 250cc and 400cc shared some common engine parts. I only require one part which is the camshaft retaining clamp which also holds the rocker arms, this is not available as a used part due to the 250cc version being very rare, a new part from Suzuki (Fowlers) is going to cost over 600 pounds sterling so I was hoping the 400cc version shared the same part which I have a much better chance of getting from the breakers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts