Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I live in Bakersfield ca. I am looking forward to being a burgman rider soon. I am not a Burgman owner as of yet but am in the process of researching everything I can. I am looking at a 05 burgman 650 with 3400 miles at 4500.00. I was wondering if this was a good deal and if there is anything regarding issues with this year of bike. Thanks for any information you all can give.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
The 05 is a better choice than the 03 & 04 due to CVT issues. It also has the 6th gear overdrive. I would say the price is a bit high even though the low miles. Was it maintained by the dealer? Fluids changed? They might be 7 years old now and unless he did all of that recently, I would squeeze that fact a little as it will run a few pennies to have it done. Tires may be in good condition, but 7 years is not the best for a tire. I would start at $3300 and maybe end up near $3800. Do you know if it has been listed for a while? Where did you see the bike listed?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They bought the bike from a dealer in 09. Then they got hurt not on bike. Supposedly they cant ride anymore. The ad is on CL SFBay. Thank you for the quick reply.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from the Heart of America-Kansas City! JC

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello again. did not get the 05 burgie. So now I am looking at a 07 bergie with 4000 miles for 5,000. Will be looking at it in person on saturday if all goes well. If not I'll keep looking. Will keep you all updated. Thanks for the warm welcome.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Good Luck with your search bakoburgman. Here on the right coast, in New Jersey Burgmans were hard to find as of last year and I spent hours, every night for weeks, trying to lock one in. It was an emotional roller coaster for me as I was psyched up for my new ride but it finally paid off and I got a good deal. Only a few days ago, I caught myself with an ear to ear Grin. :lol: I hope for you to do well with your deal. That's the first Grin. Many more to follow. Welcome to the Burgman USA Forum.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok.....I went to see a 07 burgman with under 4000 miles for 5000. I got there earlier than planned so stopped for breakfast. Anyway I went and saw the 07 and when the owner unveiled the bike it was like the best bike I had seen so far. I looked it over and got the history in paperwork. It was immaculate and it came with a cover, disc lock with key, shoei helmet, service manual, both keys and a set of lights on the front wheel. I took it for a test ride and came back with a big grin and gave him the 5 grand. I brought it home by trailer and then went for a 10 mile ride. Wow no one said the grin would be permanent. Tomorrow off for another ride.....wheeeeee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts