Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Been a Burgman (400 K8) owner for a few weeks now. I love the bike (so practical with the storage space and the misses is happy on the back) and the forum has been really helpful. :p

My question is around the handlebars/steering. The steering has felt a tiny bit unstable at slow speeds (felt a bit loose) so always assumed it just needed tightening. Today I thought I'd have a feel of the steering from lock to lock to see how it felt, so lent down on the back of the seat to get the front wheel up and moved the steering from side to side.

What took me by surprise was when the steering bounced back from the full lock to center again, at each side. Should it do this or should it stay at full lock? I can hear some cable creaking when moving it like this so I'm guessing it could be a cable not routed properly, just wanted to check before I started fiddling!

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Glad you and the misses are happy with the scoot. It is a super allaround means of transport. Unfortunately, I cannot help with that question as I have not tested my steering in that way before. But will be curious to see what the experience of the more seasoned members of the forum has been.

·
Super Moderator
18,085 Posts
On any bike, the steering should not just flop back and forth, there should be some resistance, but not a lot.

You may need an adjustment on the steering head bearings.

·
Administrator
20,109 Posts
Andy, there are two throttle cables, one brake line and a bunch of wiring that must transition from ridged to flexible then back to ridged. Those will try to turn the steering back to a relaxed state.

What you need is to measure the amount of drag it takes to turn the bars. It is in the service manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts