Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Sheryl here. Happy new owner of a 2018 Executive...I was "sent" here by the former owner and I love the resources here! I'm looking forward to putting some kms on the beast over the next few months here in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada :) Cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Welcome, any chance you and that Burgman can grow feathers ? Meet me in Florida for Boxing Day and I’ll buy the first Tropical Punch. Bring you own tent and recipe book and we will eat and laugh at our rulers and how they don’t measure up.

Edited to remove all political overtones.

Reactions: Plum loco

·
Premium Member
8,136 Posts
Welcome from Florida, are you planning to do your own wrenching , service stuff? we got some great ideas on what bolts to remove and store in a manure pile for save keeping . The 650 is a great machine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome, any chance you and that Burgman can grow feathers ? Meet me in Florida for Boxing Day and I’ll buy the first Tropical Punch. Bring you own tent and recipe book and we will eat and laugh at our rulers and how they don’t measure up.

Edited to remove all political overtones.

The weather's great in Florida, I hear... Raincheque on the Punch but I don't "do" politics, so we'll just have to talk about Burgmans ;)!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome from Florida, are you planning to do your own wrenching , service stuff? we got some great ideas on what bolts to remove and store in a manure pile for save keeping . The 650 is a great machine.

Likely not. I used to do most of my own maintenance when I could still get up off the floor afterwards. There's a great shop handy to me for that, but I love hunting cool aftermarket "adaptations" (since there's so little made for the beast).

·
Premium Member
8,136 Posts
Check out the emergency seat release, it's one you can do standing up , and a life saver if you need it

·
Registered
271 Posts
Do you have to wait until winter and ice roads are made until you can ride? Ha!

I think I'll make the emergency seat release because I'd like to open the seat without turning off the engine (sometimes).

·
Premium Member
8,136 Posts
Do you have to wait until winter and ice roads are made until you can ride? Ha!

I think I'll make the emergency seat release because I'd like to open the seat without turning off the engine (sometimes).
I'm not advising it because it's supposedly unsafe, but my sidestand switch is in the permanently up position. I think the old sidestands were a problem when riding with them down, but the newer ones have been re designed and wont dump the bike if you forget, (mine hasn't yet and I've been "distracted" a time or two. )

·
Premium Member
8,136 Posts
The weather's great in Florida, I hear...
If you like living inside someones mouth while they eat sticky soup you'll love florida weather, the humidity is so high our flying insects wear swim fins and we have enough bugs to re- populate the rest of the world if there's a shortage.
Winters are nice though, temps below 32 degrees F are rare, it's not rainy, but still humid, , no snow.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Welcome, Sheryl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts