Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All... Greetings from New Hampshire!

I Joined the Forum a few weeks ago as I was researching for a purchase. Picked up my first scooter last week... a 2006 400, with 4,475 miles. I have spent the week cleaning it, replaced the battery, drained the fuel and added fresh gas today, with a dose of Sea Foam. Starts up and runs fine. I am waiting for the registration so I can ride it.

So far, I am very impressed with the Burgman. It appears to be a well-built bike and seems easy to work on. I picked this up for my GF, who's only riding experience is successfully taking the MSF course last year. We think this is a great scoot for her to develop experience and enjoy two-wheeled riding!

I'll be asking questions as I continue to learn more about this bike, and the community!

Thanks!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Welcome to Burgman USA! I hope you enjoy your stay!
You picked up a fine scooter. SO fine in fact that you might rather ride it than just about anything else in certain situations. I know this because I have a Honda ST1100 as well. The Honda gets the major Highway trips and the Burgman everything else.
Enjoy the ride and get ready for the :D

·
Registered
511 Posts
>>Hello All... Greetings from New Hampshire!<<

And greetings from NH as well! And to christen your new purchase you should ride over to Ray's in Rye for some clams! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And greetings from NH as well! And to christen your new purchase you should ride over to Ray's in Rye for some clams! :D[/quote]

Hey Rut... Sounds like a great idea! I'll be looking for your scoot as I pass by, until I have a chance to stop in...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! You got a great scooter - one which is capable of running highway speeds all day long, as well as taking an extended trip. Keep the oil changed, and you'll run a long, long time. If you DO have a problem or question, the folks here can advise you about anything! Use this forum, and remember there are NO dumb questions, so ask away!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Interestingly enough, we have a 2006 Burgman 400, which my wife rides occasionally but would prefer her 2013 Honda PCX 150, which is an ideal scooter for someone just learning about scooters. Her little 150 is actually highway certified, though we spent most of our time on the back roads....what is there to see at 65 mph on a freeway!? She keeps up with my Burgman nicely. If you find that you would rather ride the Burgman than she would, consider the PCX for her. Honda updated the engine for 2013 from the 125cc that the scooter had prior to this year. Many people swear by the 125 but I would rather have something that is freeway certified.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts