Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to All. I bought a 2012 650 Exec yesterday and am excited about adding new adventures. I also own a Majesty 400. I am leaving Friday for a 4000 mile grand adventure, I was planning on taking the majesty, however, it developed speed sensor issues and is now in the shop. Didn't know if it would be fixed before Friday, so I did a great impulse buy. I have been looking at the Burgman's for years. I really like the seat setup on the Yamaha, but the bigger bike had great attraction for me. Time will tell. All advice for luggage configurations on the Exec would be gladly accepted.

I love all the info on these forums!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hello, You will not be disappointed with the Burg. I just finished 1000 miles in 15 Hrs here in Indiana. I have added a larger windshield and Hagon shocks. 6th gear acts as overdrive when your in manual shift. Try it, when your running 80 or 85 put it in manual and you will notice the gear indicator will show 5th and your rpm will not change. Push the up button and you will see the rpm drop about 1000 rpm. Be care full when you get around 5500 rpm you should be running close to 95!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Hello to All. I bought a 2012 650 Exec yesterday and am excited about adding new adventures. I also own a Majesty 400. I am leaving Friday for a 4000 mile grand adventure, I was planning on taking the majesty, however, it developed speed sensor issues and is now in the shop. Didn't know if it would be fixed before Friday, so I did a great impulse buy. I have been looking at the Burgman's for years. I really like the seat setup on the Yamaha, but the bigger bike had great attraction for me. Time will tell. All advice for luggage configurations on the Exec would be gladly accepted.

I love all the info on these forums!
You might want to wait a bit before setting out on a 4 K trip - until you are fully familiar with the new 650..as it may have some "kinks" and you do not want to get stuck out in the middle of nowhere........!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Have a great safe trip. With a 2012 650 you shouldn't have any problems.
Oh and Welcome:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts