Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a proud owner of a 05 Burgman 400 (blue) from Missouri. I finally won the approval from the wife to get "2 wheels" due to gas prices. She said the scooter would be perfect and the discussion was not open to negotiation for a different bike. After riding for the past 3 months (1000 miles later), I am very happy with this bike. I ride highway speeds 5 days a week and have had no problems.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome to BurgmanUSA! Glad your wife finally gave in. I had the same situation with my husband. Finally "let" me get a 50CC and then realized how dangerous it was for me during my commute with the baby scoot. I now own a Burgman 650.

Enjoy your ride!

Dee aka Scubagirl

·
Registered
226 Posts
sean274,
Welcome, Get "The Wife" to take a MSC. She may take over your 400 and allow you to get what ever you want. Just don't get rid of the B400.
Rick

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
MSF Course

Rick is right. Have her take the Basic Rider course along with you if you haven't taken it already. I have been riding for several years and just took the course. What an eye opener! She may even be able to take it on the scoot if you make prior arrangements.

My husband rode the 650 a few days ago and while he didn't have the :D he only rode it around the block at maybe 20MPH. He did say he was impressed. Who knows a real ride just may get him hooked. I hope it does the same for your wife. A B400 is perfect for a new rider.

Enjoy!

Dee

·
Registered
56 Posts
My wife liked the scooter idea so much she bought it for me. I love that woman!

Now if I can only get her to buy a 400 for herself.

(I only bought gas for the cage once in the past month... I love that scooter!)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Sean. Glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetingsd Sean and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the 400.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello!

Where are you in MO- we may be neighbors! (Although I haven't seen a blue Burg on the road recently!)

I don't have a Burgman....yet...but I'm working on it. We do have MCs- if you want to ride sometime, give me a holler!

(Okay, MO is a big state...BUT that makes it more fun!)

Take care-

bjb

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome FM MO

Sean,

Welcome to the forum. I live in Kearney, about an hour north of you.

I haven't posted much lately because I got married, sold two houses, closed on another one, so on and so on... But, there are several people in the area. We haven't had the opportunity to do a group ride, but pay attention to the site and maybe someday it will happen.

-Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts