Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, I'm currently in the market to buy a pre-owned 2012 Burgie 400 ABS and the dealer is out of state. He says that his customer bought the bike in July 2012, put 2000 miles on it and for whatever reasons, he didn't like it and traded it back in to the dealer. My question is what do you think is a good price for it since the bike is in terrific shape? Any advice would be appreciated by this newbie.

Thank you.

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Check the Kelley Blue Book value. You shouldn't be paying anything more than the "Retail" value.

Whether it is a low mileage 2012, or not...it isn't new. So you shouldn't be paying the full price of a new bike.

Chris

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I disagree, start with the KBB trade-in value less 5% or even 10%, you can bet they allowed no more than that on the trade. Then decide how badly you want it and negotiate from there--buying is obviously the opposite of selling; you can always go up, you cannot go down. Keep in mind that their job is to screw you out of as much as they can get; your job is the opposite, pay them as little as you possibly can.

Also, this is not a great time of year to be selling bikes in North America--start at the bottom and see how hungry they are...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Folks, after reviewing your feedback posts, I bought the 2012 Burgie 400 ABS for $5200 with 1880 miles on it. It has a Suzuki tail trunk mounted on it as well for extra cargo. I think I got an excellent deal and looking forward to riding in the San Francisco Bay Area!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
wingchunkuen said:
Hi Folks, after reviewing your feedback posts, I bought the 2012 Burgie 400 ABS for $5200 with 1880 miles on it. It has a Suzuki tail trunk mounted on it as well for extra cargo. I think I got an excellent deal and looking forward to riding in the San Francisco Bay Area!
You did well, that's $1000 less than what KBB quotes as "retail"--and that would be without the high mount trunk...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Good buy!!

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
wingchunkuen said:
Congrats...you've got a bunch of scooter riders in the East Bay area...
seems as they're constantly on the move...well maybe not this month,
with the winter rains.... :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hand Guards for 2012 Burgman 400 ABS

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Anyone out there know the best way and price to get the hand guards for the 2012 Burgies? I saw some on Ebay but nothing that says it's for a 2012. Any suggestions would be appreciated by this newbie. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Before buying handguards, I would consider a Givi windshield. They do just as good a job and also give extra wind protection all for about the same price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts