Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Noisemaker. Glad to have you join us. Which Burgman are you considering purchasing? The 650 or the 400?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yo! hi bill
I plan on buying a burgman 650. I think a 400 is too small for my size. I'm 6'1" anyways fill me in let me know some good stuff about this 2 wheeler!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Select any key word and cruise the forum. There's enough information here to keep you busy until spring.

I'm 5'11". In my younger days, I was 6'0". (What's up widdat?) Anyway, your new 650 will fit fine. It'll be more comfortable than your easiest easy chair.

Six months, 9300 miles, no overnights.

:D

Steve

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I'm 6 feet tall and ride a 400. I could use another inch or so of seat room. There are several mods that can be done to provide additional space. Anything from removing the buttrest (free) to ploping down upto $900 (retail) on a Corbin seat for the burgman with dual backrests. Several riders have customized their seats and had good results.

Read thru the forums is some very good advice. I read every post before making my buying decision. It not only provided me some good information, it cemented my decision that the Burgman was the right choice for me. If you have any specific questions, just ask. You'll find the people here very friendly and informative.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Noisemaker21 said:
Sure you're not from Philadelphia?

Welcome to the group.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forums. Being from Florida I think you picked an appropriate online name for this month at least :?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Noisemaker21 said:
Yo! I'm NoiseMaker!

I'm from Florida, and I'm planning on getting one of these hot Burgman scooters.
Greetings NoiseMaker. Welcome to the forum. :hello2:

What part of Florida? I used to live in Tampa, and still visit Orlando from time to time.

I have the 650, 3 1/2 months, almost 7000 miles, 12 overnights (10 on one trip -- 3100 miles).

Yep; the Burgmans are hot! They're so hot they're cool, man. 8)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
reply for most!

GREETINGS EVERYBODY!

man!,.. 6'0" on a 400 Bill? it looks uncomfortable.

If your wondering about the "YO!" I'm from New York. moved to Kissimmee, Fl. about 4 yrs ago. and I gotta say, it really bites this year. I think there is another hurricane coming thru.... but still I don't think it will stop me from getting a scooter! RIDE ON!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Re: reply for most!

Noisemaker21 said:
man!,.. 6'0" on a 400 Bill? it looks uncomfortable.
Like I said, another inch or so leg room would make the seat better for me. If you haven't already, you need to get over to a dealer and actually see the bikes up close and sit on/test ride them. I've ridden a couple of hundred miles in a single day on the stock bike. Given a mod to the seat and replacing the windshield for a taller one, I'd have no problems doing touring on the 400. I haven't done any 2 up riding so I can't comment on that yet. Either the 400 or the 650 are great scoots and a blast to ride. You'll have to see which one suits your needs best.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Noisemaker21

WELCOME to the forum. :wave:

There have been many times in this green but rain sodden land, when I think Florida could make a good bolt hole for my dotage. The recent and successive hurricanes however, has caused me to reconsider that!

Hope you get away with the next one and stay safe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts