Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all Burgie Buffs I'm newbe Tom Domin from NE PA I fell in love and bought a k4 650 Burgman and had it delivered to my garage where I spent two months sitting on it going vroom vroom. Well that all stopped nine days ago when out I went for the first time. It felt funny at first, I'm used to hugging a gas tank with my knees. I was a bit wobbly and awkward at first. I was riding some city streets but with the junk from winter on the roads and new rubber I opted for the open back roads. After 65 miles I feel better now,What a fine machine Another 40 the next nite so now after just over 100 I am starting to feel a little better. There has been an ungodly smell coming from it like burnt plastic but it seem to be subsiding Well enough form me thanks for letting me join your club. I'm going to need some supportt
Ride Safe.......domino :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi Domino and welcome to the forum. This place is great for support.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Oh yeah, the muffler cover....
You did get a discount on your Friday bike, right?

If it catches fire while you're riding, go faster until the flames extinguish
themselves.

-- Only joking --

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey Domino. Welcome to the forum! :D I am a follow PA boy here. Bucks County. I am taking my Burgman 400 up around your neck of the woods this weekend. Going to Stroudsburg for a weekend get away with my honey. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather this weekend.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I also smelled something during my first day with the bike. Seemed to me to be burning rubber rather than plastic. Anyway, I assumed it was something temporary, having to do with new, and it hasn't been back.
Have fun with your new bike! I'm having fun with mine!
8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts