Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI...
Yamaha has put the "new since 2013" TMAX on the available list for the U.S. market for 2015 It has some minor styling changes from the older model and a 530cc motor instead of the 499cc version. Price is steep at $10,490. Info is on the Yamaha web site.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
The price seems outrageously high for a non ABS T-Max.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I heard the same thing recently , but I don't think they will have any better luck selling them than the 2009 model . I bought a 2009 in 2009 for $6,450 out the door and I still have it with less than 3000 miles on it . I'm not saying it's not a nice scooter , I just don't think at over ten grand it will sell well here . On top of that most people including me find them uncomfortable . They are very wide and when you stop and put your feet down your hips are uncomfortably stretched at first . I takes a little getting used to then it becomes livable . Other owners say things like "I liked the scooter , but I never got comfortable with it" Out of all the scooters the 650 Burg is the most comfortable of the lot , hands down . I like taking the T out once in a while because I think it's fun to ride , but I wouldn't want it for a daily rider .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
10.5k is really high for a non-abs 500. What's the BMW 600s go for, 9.5? Even with its 1k required executive Heat package, at least you get heated seat & grips, abs and 100+ ccs on the bmw. I know the sport Beemer is gone, I'm just using it to compare how over priced the Yammy is.

Abs is usually valued around $1k, so a Tmax 530 with abs would cost 11.5k; $500 more than a Burg 650 Exec. Does that make any sense? I think Yamaha is just trying to gouge the early adopters, like bmw did when it's scoots first came out.

Nothing against the Tmax, it's an excellent bike. And this new one has a lot of upgrades from what I understand. It's just the price. Should be under 10 grand, heck even under 9k.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Geez - Honda CB500x with ABS eat it for lunch for value, **** you could almost buy two!! $6k for the Honda.

as would the Yammie FZ-07 - $6500 and a pure rocket.

and FZ-09 - STILL less money.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I love the looks of the T-max{old one and this new one too}. But they are WAY overpriced!

I think bikes in general are cheap relative to what they cost to produce , and I mean from beginning to delivery .

That said I think bikes are expensive relative to the present median wage
in this country .

This is what happens in a deflationary depression like the Great Depression in 1929 . Labor participation falls along with real wages or returns to labor , and they fall faster than prices can or do fall . Businesses can't get their cost down , like the phone bill , heating and cooling cost , insurances
transportation cost etc. etc. etc. , fast enough to respond to consumers demand for lower prices . So they off shore , cut wages , slash cost any where they can . Sound familiar ? What all of this leads to is more and more of the same , this is why economist fear deflation . It's an economic Pandora's Box .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
At age almost 73, no way would I consider a non ABS bike/scooter. Way overpriced, and the non ABS issue is a deal killer for me.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Geez - Honda CB500x with ABS eat it for lunch for value, **** you could almost buy two!! $6k for the Honda.

as would the Yammie FZ-07 - $6500 and a pure rocket.

and FZ-09 - STILL less money.
That is so very true! How do they justify that?
Yamahas are always more expensive, not just their scooters.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Even the older ones had high performance but fell flat in carrying capacity and seating position wasn't as good. Did they require premium like BMW? Suzuki could absolutely have the market to itself if dealer network was more attuned and their pricing was more in line with what the scooters actually sold for instead of the 0% financing tricks.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
At age almost 73, no way would I consider a non ABS bike/scooter. Way overpriced, and the non ABS issue is a deal killer for me.
Yep. Lack of ABS turned me from a buyer to a non-buyer instantly. Nothing else on on the bike is going to overcome lack of ABS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts